Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Islamist Extremists must be stopped!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Don't have a link but while we were sleeping a US woman was beheaded at her place of employment (supermarket) by a co-worker after he was fired.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
Extremists are not the underlying problem. Islam is the problem! Indeed any faith that seeks to control one's thoughts and behaviors whilst compelling others outside of the faith to conform is dangerous.

It irks me to say so, but despite its questionable policies in other areas, I think the PRoC's "Policy of Elimination" is the closest our species has come to dealing with these destructive memes correctly.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Extremists are not the underlying problem. Islam is the problem! Indeed any faith that seeks to control one's thoughts and behaviors whilst compelling others outside of the faith to conform is dangerous.

It irks me to say so, but despite its questionable policies in other areas, I think the PRoC's "Policy of Elimination" is the closest our species has come to dealing with these destructive memes correctly.

So in your opinion my best mate for 15 years who is a Muslim and Airstrikes wife who is a Muslim... What should be done with them? Process of Elimination? Or have I misunderstood you? I don't think I have but I'm not sure how else to interpret your comment.

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
So in your opinion my best mate for 15 years who is a Muslim and Airstrikes wife who is a Muslim... What should be done with them? Process of Elimination? Or have I misunderstood you? I don't think I have but I'm not sure how else to interpret your comment.

I am not suggesting we do anything to the people. People should be free to believe what they want. If you had read my comments carefully you would have noted that I suggested that the belief system was the problem. Particularly the organised way in which Abrahamic faiths seek to convert or destroy all non believers.

As for the PRoC's policy of elimination. It again refers to eliminating the meme. Not the people.

The 1978 Constitution of the People's Republic of China guarantees "freedom of religion" in Article 36. The policy regarding religious practice in China states that "No state organ, public organization or individual may compel citizens to believe in, or not to believe in, any religion; nor may they discriminate against citizens because they do, or do not believe in religion. The state protects normal religious activities", and continues with the statement that: "nobody can make use of religion to engage in activities that disrupt social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state".

After you have read it a couple of times, think about how it differs from what happens here.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Don't have a link but while we were sleeping a US woman was beheaded at her place of employment (supermarket) by a co-worker after he was fired.

Holy ****! It's getting worse... I sense bad **** is gonna go down soon...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
@The Stig: no sweat. Didn't think you were being negative towards everyone just wasn't sure how to interpret your comment.

@Davey: yarp... **** gonna hit the fan big time with that one.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I think one of the problems is , the Islamist faith is firmly rooted as a little old fashioned , for want of a better word , the eye or an eye and a tooth for a tooth , that's also in the old testament as are some of the same prophets in the Koran , and then in the new testament Jesus comes along as says , "turn the other cheek , and to love thy neighbor " , mind you there are some other beliefs that are a somewhat backward as well .

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
I am not suggesting we do anything to the people. People should be free to believe what they want. If you had read my comments carefully you would have noted that I suggested that the belief system was the problem. Particularly the organised way in which Abrahamic faiths seek to convert or destroy all non believers.

As for the PRoC's policy of elimination. It again refers to eliminating the meme. Not the people.

The 1978 Constitution of the People's Republic of China guarantees "freedom of religion" in Article 36. The policy regarding religious practice in China states that "No state organ, public organization or individual may compel citizens to believe in, or not to believe in, any religion; nor may they discriminate against citizens because they do, or do not believe in religion. The state protects normal religious activities", and continues with the statement that: "nobody can make use of religion to engage in activities that disrupt social order, impair the health of citizens or interfere with the educational system of the state".

After you have read it a couple of times, think about how it differs from what happens here.

This bit is the out they use to lock up and 'judge' any aberrant Uighar, Tibetan or Falun Gong they don't like, because if you have a different opinion you are 'disruptive'.

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
'Process of elimination' of any belief system is unconstitutional. If it could be done I'd ban everything that is remotely superstitious. But anyway....

An issue is Islam is 600 years younger than Christianity, and haven't had their equivalent of Protestant reformation, renaissance, scientific discovery etc. if it weren't for Da Vinci, Galileo, Copernicus, Darwin, Newton, etc we'd be where the Taliban is now. Much to be said for education and scientific discovery. In fact before Islam, Arabic society was big on knowledge, especially mathematics.