Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Islamist Extremists must be stopped!

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
after watching the news this evening, I must admit it did scare me a little to hear the details of what they have allegedly planned to do.

I really do hope something drastic gets done and I'm talking more than just raising the terror threat level and increasing security around major infrastructure. what they could do nobody can really say, but I feel more can be done. it's also worth noting that whatever gets done it's going to anger them anyway. the article linked above confirms this.

I suspect the "ban the burqua" debate will appear in the again media soon.

Kroozer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I agree with ban the burqua! You want to move to Australia then you live the Australian way and follow our laws and culture! If you don't want to live this way then choose one of the other 80 odd Islamism country's in the world to live in.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
after watching the news this evening, I must admit it did scare me a little to hear the details of what they have allegedly planned to do.

I really do hope something drastic gets done and I'm talking more than just raising the terror threat level and increasing security around major infrastructure. what they could do nobody can really say, but I feel more can be done. it's also worth noting that whatever gets done it's going to anger them anyway. the article linked above confirms this.

I suspect the "ban the burqua" debate will appear in the again media soon.

'Stupid and ignorant': Cory Bernardi's comments linking terrorism raids with a push to ban burqa slammed

Didn't take long. The highlight for me is in the comments where the burqa is something these woman want to wear rather than it being a symbol of sexist and religious oppression.

In regards to this topic, I agree that these people need to be stopped. And when I say 'these people' I don't mean Muslims. I mean extremists of any religion or creed.

The funny thing is, every week the police take down bikies and drug dealers. This rarely features on the news. Then you have one day of targeted raids on extremists and all this racist or oppressive government crap bubbles to the surface.

I for one am alarmed at the news of some of the plans these extremists had. I am also glad to see they are being dealt with and that our nations security forces will bare their teeth as needed.

More of it is needed.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
I knew it would come up.

banning the burqua pretty much contradicts everything the country was founded on imo. could you imagine if the government made it law that men are no longer allowed to wear shorts? now that's extremist. I do however think if for the sake of national security that it was needed that it simply must be done.

the anti association laws in some states ban bikies from associating with each other and the news isn't filled with screams from them about being specifically targeted. and you can bet they're still going to associate with each other regardless. as will this mob - they will find a way.

what shocked me in that article linked above regarding the protests from the muslims was the description of some calling the police "dogs" and "pigs". then going on to say that they "barged into their houses and saw their women half naked and not dressed as a husband would expect a wife to be dressed". half naked, is that with their shins and ankles showing? how do they think a wife should be dressed for them? covered from head to toe? and the implication that (as I took it) that "their" women where possessions. that's also extremist in my books.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
banning the burqua pretty much contradicts everything the country was founded on imo.

Care to explain that statement a bit?

You're so wrong. Simplest argument to prove my point - I am not allowed to wear my motorcycle helmet in to service stations to pay for fuel, either open face or full face. If I don't remove it, Police can be called. The burqa is a MASSIVE security risk and something the extremists would have no second thoughts about wearing to undertake whatever atrocities they're planning. Ban them! Ban them now!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Another charged with possession of a prohibited weapon.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
so taking away the right to wear what people want is ok and not extremist?
It is, but I feel national security overrides it.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
It is, but I feel national security overrides it.

you'll see that I said the same thing in my comment. for now, I don't really think it needs to be considered.

rajesh however seems thinks that it's perfectly OK for a liberalised western country to dictate what people wear at any time because it offends him that he has to take off a helmet in a petrol station, a tough pill to swallow considering his vocal support of all things liberal in another thread that shall not be mentioned here.