Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issue with idle Holden VS

DavoBully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS SIII S Pack
Hi all,

I’ve got a problem with my idle speed it seems to idle at about 1500-2000rpm, I’ve replaced the sensors on the throttle body and cleaned it and I’ve also changed the mass air flow meter any ideas?

knos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spac Sii
IAC on the throttle body? mines a bit sticky and i have only done 10,000kms since it was installed...! also it was a delphi unit.

DavoBully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS SIII S Pack
IAC on the throttle body? mines a bit sticky and i have only done 10,000kms since it was installed...! also it was a delphi unit.
I’ve replaced the IAC, what do you mean Delphi unit?

H

harrop.senator

Delphi is the original equipment manufacturer.

Id be looking for vac leaks if already replaced all sensors. But usually when I get this issue it has been a stuck iacv.

DavoBully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS SIII S Pack

Id be looking for vac leaks if already replaced all sensors. But usually when I get this issue it has been a stuck iacv.
I’ve looked for a vacuum leak and cannot find one but a stuck IAC sounds likely can it be stuck with a new one?

H

harrop.senator

Could be but I'd doubt it. Do you smoke?

If so unplug the fans and blow it all around the motor idling see if it brings it in.

I absolutely hate vacuum leaks. I've failed to find them more then once.

richrever

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 V6 5,Speed Ute
Spray startyabastard around all the likely places manifold/plenem/valley cover vacum hoses ect do this with the car running of course and listen for a change in revs as it sucks in more go go juice. Smoking? your better than that? (All tobacco donations gladly accepted)
Richrever01

DavoBully

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS SIII S Pack
Spray startyabastard around all the likely places manifold/plenem/valley cover vacum hoses ect do this with the car running of course and listen for a change in revs as it sucks in more go go juice. Smoking? your better than that? (All tobacco donations gladly accepted)
Richrever01
All right I’ll try this no I don’t smoke haha I’ll use start ya bastard cheaper than durries

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yes and no, Delphi was the OEM provider but haven't been for a few years now. Delphi went broke and most of the operations were handed over to Chinese manufacturing. It is now a sub-standard parts provider. AC Delco is now the only OEM equivalent.