Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I have this problem with my VY executive as well - the passenger floor gets flooded when it rains. Had a look while my partner hosed water over the car and found that it comes in under the door. Sometimes water collects between the seal under the driver side door when it rains as well, that pours out when the door is opened - doesn't seem to come in and flood the floor though like the other side. Probably just because the weather stripping needs replacing
Same here. Won't leak for ages then bingo it leaks. I suspect it's coming in around the door seal. Had this issue with the back doors just after I bought it 20 years ago. That got fixed under warranty.

Been getting water in the spare wheel well recently. I had a look at this today. Looks like this leak is also water getting around the seal where it clips to the body through capillary action.

Looks like there was some sort of sealing material a bit like blue tack used in a couple of places to stop the capillary action.

I had the sealing rubber off a while back to clean any accumulated grime from under where the rubber seal fits. I think I disturbed this sealing gunk and today I put some stuff back. Time to test it tomorrow.