Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
that's a bit shite... Haven't heard of it, will be keeping close watch on my radiator now though!

D

Davo72

KiwiSS said:
thanks - central locks on my VY11 SS occassionally gets "jammed" using keyless entry. Locks only come half way up and need several goes to unlock or have to use key in the doors :ranting: - and yeah, mainly in cold or wet weather. have been meaning to mention to dealer and will now next service.

Another mod for the list - had an issue with "brake disk scuff" - if I drove at lower speeds with window down could hear a constant "scuffing" noise from all wheels. quite loud and annoying. turned out to be sticky hand brake shoes (or something like that) and Dealer fitted a mod kit for it and all good now. :)
Thanks for thew info on the rear brake noise. What was the mod that they did

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
vy 2 SS

in my VY2 ss, when taking off there is a slight noise when steering, this goes away almost after the first turn.

The most annoying thing is a loud CLUNK that comes from the front end when going over sharp bumps or turning sharply. I thought it was just the front tyres rubbing against the inside of the wheel arch, but i had a look and there does not appear to be any damage. im lost for an explanation

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
I've noticed that too...

Also had the same in my VR...

Something that holden has yet to work out?

thevaughanster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Ive just got my VY Acclaim and it makes a ****ing sqeaking/ticking noise from the dash they are going to have a look at it on monday though. Also is there any way to remove the audio controls from the steering wheel?

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
ALSO....

WHen in neutral, the manual gearbox makes a low grumbling noise, as if its eating cogs :S

bigreddog

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim Wagon
I had a loud clunk that would happen when changing direction, especially noticeable when going from one direction to the other.

"Bent tie rod pins" in the words of the holden dealer - fixed under warranty. I asked what caused it and he said that it was known weakness in the VY, but was resolved for the VZ.

Funnily enough the next day one of my clients had his VY SS in for a service with exactly the same complaint and result.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Leaking Radiator

My Feb 03 VY S had a bad radiator, only picked up because I had the first service at a friend's garage, who always insists on a pressure test.

He recommended having Holden have a look and they confirmed it would not hold pressure, even though it had not leaked a drop until then (9 months).

Had it changed under warranty and a free radiator flush!!

I haven't had any steering shudder although my friend's VY Berlina had the steering hoses changed under warranty.

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Poor glovebox fitment!!!

How many people have gloveboxes that droop on the left??

Mine has apparently been changed under warranty but it is no better. :ranting:

V

VYII S

Marks-VY said:
How many people have gloveboxes that droop on the left??

Mine has apparently been changed under warranty but it is no better. :ranting:

I have a slight drop and can only notice it during bright sunlight...will have it checked when my radio facia is replaced due to the paint defect.... :b: