Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

V

VY Equipe

i had that happen only once, they replaced the spark plugs and said it should be it. Has not happened again and it didnt register a fault with the computer, so i hope that was it

rowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive
I'm getting the steering problem with mine. Is this actually something that should be fixed under warranty? As mine is a late 02, I might have to get it back to the dealer rather quickly...

D

dreid

Cheers Mate. I have just bought a VY Wagon, after heavy rain the rear passenger carpets are wet (suspect door seals?). The steering also vibrates at slow turn!!!
That's two out of four!!!!!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
I have a lot of road noise coming through...

Don't know whether it is from the 18 inch wheels, whether they are rubbing, if it is the brakes, just general road noise or what....

Also seems to have the same problem with the gearbox that my VR had - when going up and/or and cresting hills at about 70-85kph, can't seem to decide between 3rd and 4th gears, and sort of feels like it is dropping in and out of both...

Anyone else have these issues?

(I have another issue with birds crapping on my car, but not really the cars fault though!)

B

blackgully

Vy Issues

VY II V6 ACCLAIM....
shudder from power steering at low speed, seems all have that...
interior fan seems very noisy (at centre vents) at speed 2 and upwards....
auto trans has slight whine when in first gear and taking off slowly...
otherwise just really enjoy driving it !!

L

lowvy

hey guys, my vy exec suffers from the power steering shudder at low revs and also the doors seals leak.

Jisso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute
I also had steering shudder, but got it fixed by Holden under warranty.
Also the rear doors leak sometimes in heavy rain or washing the car from the tops of the window. Seems like the window doesnt go all the way up in to the seal properly??

The Macross

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Executive V6
Fan being very loud is the same for me in my VY II exec.
anything over 2 on the speed is very annoying and loud.
I have a problem with the drivers side passenger door not locking properly at times and the cd player/lights not turning off when opening the door.
that will be covered under warranty with the door problems?

My VYII is only 12 months old

B

bluefox1

tyre wear / power steer shudder

Puchased my 2004 vy ss sedan in november 2004 as a run out model. Have had power steer shudder since new although I think it may have now been rectified at 20,000 service. Abnormal tyre wear front and back tyres now need replacing 20,000km? not good. Rattle in drivers side front door on latch which holden still have not rectified. Other than that all is good but would like these issues solved so I can be 100% happy.

omegaman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
How many VY's have popped radiators?? Our company runs heaps of Holdens and radiators have popped from as low as 8000kms!!