Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
pull plenum chamber cover off have a look in there for any build up and crap and/or rust

Kylie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute 2003
2003 VY V6 not SS. Needs a seal on the door flap to fuel tank....water gathers around the mouth and is rusting it.

Waz888v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1 s2
Hi guys,
since picking up my vy S2 S in july 2004, brand spanking from the factory, (had factory sunroof and lsd ordered and also cosmo paint, which dealer had no floor stock) i've only had a problem with the front passenger actuator and now a squeaking when engine is cold. i've been told though that the squeaking is most likely due to the cold weather. i think it could be that, or maybe the idller pulley. is anyone else having the same problem?
I have same car car
shouldn't make squeaking noise I lived in Canberra I had same noise turned out to be fan belt after I got told to change the idler pulley which I did but squeak still there so used a belt grip spray lasted two weeks squeak came back so changed belt and ac belt no noise but have been told check harmonic balancer as well

twentyfouroz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY and VX wagon
Hi did a engine swap for vy same year car cranks but won't start do I have to change ECU aswell
I have the exact same problem. Replaced a load of stuff, looked for leaks, by-passed immobilizer... nothing I have tried works. :(

Trailboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe, VY Acclaim Wagon
Guys I hate to do this as I know how much I hate it on fora I admin but I need to look at a VY tomorrow and I know bugger all about them. It's a V6 VY wagon with low KMs (107,000) what do I look for? I'm not worried about little stuff like ball joints, bushes and the like but what big-ticket items are on the list of stuff I should pay attention to?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
get a car inspection sheet off the internet

12 days ago howd you go

Trailboss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe, VY Acclaim Wagon
get a car inspection sheet off the internet

12 days ago howd you go

Me? really well, beat him down to a grand for a nice wagon, couldn't be happier. One little clunk in the front that will be a tierod end (I'll do it next week) and I had to fix a couple of p=spots of rust (nothing thru the steel) and it drives great and everything works. I'll post some pics in a sec, busy with some FB stuff for work and I need to pull them off the phone.

scott216

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy holden
My old man bought a VY auto a few weeks ago, and the only problem he has is the shudder in the steering. Any ideas on what it is exactly and how to fix it ourselves?? Thanx!
hey mate could be the front rotors not extremely hard to fix