Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

R

Ratty

Was thinking abotu starting a thread the Mods could make sticky about issues we have found with the VY'S that could affect everyones car and keep a record of the issue and fix.. this of course would be unoffical and not backed by holden or JC... Thoughts?

To kick it off these are the issues I have found and have been fixed...

Ones I have been told effect the range...

Front ASH Tray hinges need a mod

Power Steering rack requires a modification on most VY'S to stop SHUDDER at low speed full lock turning

Door actuators on most VY'S prevent unlocking of the doors esp in cold wet weather...

Door seal's can leak on some VY'S

More to come as I think of them...

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
My VYss suffers the ashtray problem and thats it everything else you mentioned has not been an issue .My major issue is waiting for my rebuilt gem engine cause mines got the death knock.

KiwiSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS
thanks ratty from kiwiss

thanks - central locks on my VY11 SS occassionally gets "jammed" using keyless entry. Locks only come half way up and need several goes to unlock or have to use key in the doors :ranting: - and yeah, mainly in cold or wet weather. have been meaning to mention to dealer and will now next service.

Another mod for the list - had an issue with "brake disk scuff" - if I drove at lower speeds with window down could hear a constant "scuffing" noise from all wheels. quite loud and annoying. turned out to be sticky hand brake shoes (or something like that) and Dealer fitted a mod kit for it and all good now. :)

davfull

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy v6 acclaim
thanks for the update ratty,just purchased a vy v6 about 3 weeks ago and the only problem i've found so far has been heavy steering, especially at high speed. my previous ride was a vr and the steering was a lot lighter.

V

vl_dragon86

My old man bought a VY auto a few weeks ago, and the only problem he has is the shudder in the steering. Any ideas on what it is exactly and how to fix it ourselves?? Thanx!

R

Ratty

Yeah I am told its a kit from Holden... basicly longer hoses and slightly larger... gives the oil more room to move... not sure how that exactly fixe's the issue tho... Holden did mine under wrty... known fault.

Slow_Az

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY s11 Cosmo "S"
Hi guys,
since picking up my vy S2 S in july 2004, brand spanking from the factory, (had factory sunroof and lsd ordered and also cosmo paint, which dealer had no floor stock) i've only had a problem with the front passenger actuator and now a squeaking when engine is cold. i've been told though that the squeaking is most likely due to the cold weather. i think it could be that, or maybe the idller pulley. is anyone else having the same problem?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Funny you should say about the squeaking, I started mine up this morning and noticed a squeaking sound, once the engine is warm it appears to disappear.

I haven't investigated this one yet but my immediate thought was the serpentine belt.