Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues zb

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I’ve recently bought a ZB RSV wagon to replace a VF, has anyone else noticed a slight driveline whine in the V6? Either trans or rear “diff” I reckon. Only very slight and stops when off throttle.
Also seems like the AC compressor is fairly noisy too, almost like a bearing sound.
These could be normal, first ZB I’ve had, curious to hear anyone else’s experiences
Cheers

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
A/C is a fairly noisy thing. Definitely get some sort faint whine with the AC on. Driveline whine ?, not that I have noticed.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
A/C is a fairly noisy thing. Definitely get some sort faint whine with the AC on. Driveline whine ?, not that I have noticed.
Just a very slight whine that increases with revs and disappears when off throttle
I had a similar whine in Opel Astra I had with the M21 gearbox, they were known for it and it indicated gearbox wear, I’m paranoid it’s something similar

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Can hear the air con on my RSV, it's not bad just in the background if you listen for it. Haven't noticed any driveline noise. I think the gear box in the Commodore is very different to the Astra.