Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues zb

ZB_Driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2018 ZB LT 2.0T Diesel
@ZB_Driver, since you bought the car via public auction, the only guarantee is clear title (unless the seller told you factory warranty was being provided). No used car statutory warranty nor ACL statutory warranty applies.

Where is may gets interesting, and where you need some guidance from CAV, is what occurs around spare parts supply issues when one buys via auction. I’d expect even buyers at auction would have an expectation that spare parts would be available and available without undue delay bu5 whether that translates in law, how knows... I’d not hold my breath on this one but do call CAV for guidance before you talk to HCC or Manheim).

Buying at auction can save $$ but there can be consequences as you now know...

As for buying MSE,, I’m surprised all the MSE’s weren’t bought up by employees using their employee discounts. Guess the employee appetite was filled via the employee special build, reserve edition if I’m not mistaken. And I’d guess those RE’s would have been built with more care and skill that the others trundling down the line :rolleyes:

PS; some auction houses sell cars for a fixed price and not via auction. In those cases they are acting as a used car dealer so full ACL protections apply. Dont know if Manheim does such And it’s not clear what you mean when you say “bought the car directly from Holden company itself (via Manheim)”, so something to ponder..

FYI, it wasn't a public auction, it was the second scenario you mentioned. Manheim was just used as an intermediary to enable Holden to sell cars direct to employees without traditional dealer being involved. Full 5 year factory warranty applies from date of first rego (3 years remaining), fixed price servicing, roadside assist etc.

I didn't get a MSE as I had an engineering test car (Cadillac turbo beast) so didn't need my own car until I was laid off last year. Sorry to all the LS3 fans but unless it's an LS9 a V8 just feels slow to me and didn't see the point (I have been spoilt, I know)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
FYI, it wasn't a public auction, it was the second scenario you mentioned. Manheim was just used as an intermediary to enable Holden to sell cars direct to employees without traditional dealer being involved. Full 5 year factory warranty applies from date of first rego (3 years remaining), fixed price servicing, roadside assist etc.

I didn't get a MSE as I had an engineering test car (Cadillac turbo beast) so didn't need my own car until I was laid off last year. Sorry to all the LS3 fans but unless it's an LS9 a V8 just feels slow to me and didn't see the point (I have been spoilt, I know)
I was lucky to get offered a Limited Edition via an employee who didn't want to take his opportunity to purchase his Director.

I didn't know there were LS9 engineering cars. I knew there was at least one at Lang Lang but didn't know it was registered as a engineering car to drive on the road.

ZB_Driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2018 ZB LT 2.0T Diesel
I was lucky to get offered a Limited Edition via an employee who didn't want to take his opportunity to purchase his Director.

I didn't know there were LS9 engineering cars. I knew there was at least one at Lang Lang but didn't know it was registered as a engineering car to drive on the road.

Very nice! (Your director purchase)

There were a few LS9's floating around. The one I drove was a "sleeper" GTS. It sure needed the W1 rear tyres!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Very nice! (Your director purchase)

There were a few LS9's floating around. The one I drove was a "sleeper" GTS. It sure needed the W1 rear tyres!
I arranged the Customs clearance for all the imported cars and parts for Holden.

Fredbasset

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais 2.0 DT
Hi @Fredbasset ,
are you sure they didn't say NOx sensor? (as in Nitrogen Oxide Sensor).
The reason I am asking is that my dealer claim to have diagnosed that NOX Sensor has allegedly failed on my 2018 ZB Diesel after 15,300km. The Diagnostic Troubles Code were: P22A7 ( NOx Sensor 2 Heater Feedback Performance ) and P11DC (NOx Sensor 2 Current Performance). What is more interesting is that the NOx sensor part is on back order and none are available in Australia so it sounds like quite a few have failed (or been misdiagnosed as faulty).
@Fredbasset: Would you mind having a look at the Holden job description to confirm which part the dealer replaced?
@Fredbasset: Also have you had the problem come back since sensor was replaced?

FYI, I was going to lodge a complaint with Holden Customer Care as my car is now likely to be polluting NOx whilst I drive it around waiting for replacment part and to put some "pressure" on them. For those of you who aren't aware, Holden not only agreed to comply to Australian Consumer Law (after the ACCC took them to court) and but also agreed to some additional guarantees. If they take too long to replace the part I will be pushing for a refund for my car which I am entired to under Australian Consumer Law (some of you may wish to do the same). ;)
Sorry it took so long. Need to search. Yes, it's NO2 sensor.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210704-181533_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210704-181533_Gallery.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 131

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Hope you didn`t mind

IngBZpO.jpg

Reactions: Lex

ZB_Driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY2018 ZB LT 2.0T Diesel
Thanks for the reply. I'm getting my NOX sensor replaced this week (I have slightly different DTCS which could also be attributed to a wiring fault -short to pwr- so it will be interesting to see if a new sensor fixes it)

1qazwsx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB commodore sedan RS
More and more often when shifting into park I turn off the engine and its tells me to shift into park, (when I already have). Have to wiggle the gearstick around a fair bit in park to get it to accept its correct status. I think I have a faulty sensor. Not a big deal but is starting to annoy me.
Same issue here, starts off as an irk, gets to the point where you have to leave the car in acc mode while locked... Had mine in the dealers today and they're ordering parts for replacement under warranty to resolve this

Last edited:

ads_german

Reaction score
Anyone else with a V6 ZB notice this faint squealy/squeaking sound at cold startup (this is a Regal GS, basically the same as a VXR):

Mine does it, goes within first 30 seconds or so, doesn't do it when warm. Found a few forum posts in the states about cars with LGX and LGZ engines that also do it (Camaro, Colorado, Regal etc)- seems to be not too uncommon. Anyone else with a v6 ZB noticed it?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Anyone else with a V6 ZB notice this faint squealy/squeaking sound at cold startup (this is a Regal GS, basically the same as a VXR):

Mine does it, goes within first 30 seconds or so, doesn't do it when warm. Found a few forum posts in the states about cars with LGX and LGZ engines that also do it (Camaro, Colorado, Regal etc)- seems to be not too uncommon. Anyone else with a v6 ZB noticed it?

mine has always done it and i just figured it was something on the belt line like a bearing on a pulley, i have heard the same on previously owned vf v6 engines too.