Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It all started with, "She's the last of the V8's"

Davemac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline & 2009 SS Sportswagon
Ever since Mad Max and later watching the 1990 Bathurst race with Percy and Grice in the VL I've wanted an Aussie V8. Having moved from Scotland some 17 years ago to Indonesia and now Perth I finally got my chance to own my own piece of Australian V8 automotive history, a 2010 SSV Redline with a rather nice sounding 6.0L V8. Sadly, for a good VL or VK, they were priced out of my reach but I love the look of the VE. My daily is a V6 Omega and a lovely car to drive. The SSV is a manual so more fun. It's not 100% but it is a good starting point for me to get back on the spanners and it drives great. The only thing I've done is change the mufflers for Ultrex stainless ones. It came with an Orrsom OTR and lowered springs so only left with the engine to upgrade with DOD delete and a decent cam.

20220130_133407_01.jpg

PS. I love the fact I could finally get my own registration number on the car without paying a fortune for it. A name I've used for years online.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Ever since Mad Max and later watching the 1990 Bathurst race with Percy and Grice in the VL I've wanted an Aussie V8. Having moved from Scotland some 17 years ago to Indonesia and now Perth I finally got my chance to own my own piece of Australian V8 automotive history, a 2010 SSV Redline with a rather nice sounding 6.0L V8. Sadly, for a good VL or VK, they were priced out of my reach but I love the look of the VE. My daily is a V6 Omega and a lovely car to drive. The SSV is a manual so more fun. It's not 100% but it is a good starting point for me to get back on the spanners and it drives great. The only thing I've done is change the mufflers for Ultrex stainless ones. It came with an Orrsom OTR and lowered springs so only left with the engine to upgrade with DOD delete and a decent cam.

View attachment 233443

PS. I love the fact I could finally get my own registration number on the car without paying a fortune for it. A name I've used for years online.
Mate l went for the s/s ultrex as well and they were deadset shockers. The
drone wasn't to bad when l initially put them on, but after a couple of weeks they became excessively noisy. Something must have let go inside one or both of them. When I took the car to a muffler place he pointed out about 6 problems in the fabrication. He wasn't interested in trying to fix them up and suggested l send them back for replacement or refund. If ultrex wants to use the sweat shops of Asia to manufacture these systems and clip the ticket on the way through. The very least they can do is QC them properly before dispatching. Good luck with yours.

Davemac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline & 2009 SS Sportswagon
Thanks for the heads up on the Ultrex. I swapped them out as the car came with muffler deletes and the drone was really intense around 2000 rpm. The Ultrex mufflers have reduced this a fair bit but I still suffer from droning around the same rpm. I'll likely change out the complete system later when I do the DOD delete and cam package.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Thanks for the heads up on the Ultrex. I swapped them out as the car came with muffler deletes and the drone was really intense around 2000 rpm. The Ultrex mufflers have reduced this a fair bit but I still suffer from droning around the same rpm. I'll likely change out the complete system later when I do the DOD delete and cam package.
Mate before l put the factory ones back on l had to do a 600 kilometer trip, flat roads in 6th gear the AFM would chime in and it was deafening
The spouse is half deaf and even she was going crook. Drone X 2.