Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It Will Be Done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
In the New Year I say that we organise to get some of the JAYCAR products and do actual tests with it against the major brands

Jaycar 6.5" verse Pioneer , Alpine, EFX and RF - of the same RRP$ and see what the results are

Including the AMPS... SUBS etc

Who would like to volunteer to do the TESTING to... plus to what SPECS etc.

Any Suggestions....

THen we can put a nail in this COFFIN!!!!

We can supply all except the JAYCAR though may be able to wrangle something with them.

PM me if you would like to perticipate.

The Darkness

Junk Yard Dog
Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VT V6 A4
what do you mean by voulunteering to do the testing?

dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV
I'd be interested to see how it goes.

Have you set a date for the testing yet?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
What will you be hoping to find from doing these comparisons? That Jaycar stuff is not as good as everyone says it is, or will you be trying to prove that it is good stuff?

Personally I love their amps. If I had a lot more money to throw around I'd obviously get better equipment than Jaycar's, but on a budget you just can't beat their amp's for bang for buck.

Their speakers on the other hand I'm not 100% sure... I like their splits, rate them above Pioneer, Kenwood, definitely Sony etc. But their subs I have yet to hear.

If this testing goes ahead I'd love to see the results.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
What will you be hoping to find from doing these comparisons? That Jaycar stuff is not as good as everyone says it is, or will you be trying to prove that it is good stuff?

Judging by CAFO's previous posts, it would be the first one (That Jaycar stuff is not as good as everyone says it is). Which to me, raises questions about how biased the tests will be...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Judging by CAFO's previous posts, it would be the first one (That Jaycar stuff is not as good as everyone says it is). Which to me, raises questions about how biased the tests will be...

Well that's unfortunate. I find it hard to believe that someone would actually want to perform this testing to bring Jaycar's product's down. I have had experience with their equipment and loved it all for the price I payed.
It was quite some time ago though, maybe their line's have changed? I don't know. Since having kids I haven't really been able to have a system in my car, so yeah I'm probably falling behind in what's happening in the industry nowadays.

I was however thinking of buying a set of splits from Jaycar to replace the stockies in my VS, and a small 2 channel amp to power them, maybe also from Jaycar. I would be interested in seeing a comparison between some other brands that could match up to Jaycar's quality within the same price range though. It would be unfortunate if the results were biased though...

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
i reckon he will do it properly, he may be a sales man but he knows his ****, by the way he asked for volunteers, so how could it be bias? just my 2 cents
johnny

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Don't start brand wars again please. thread locked for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.