Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It will soon be time to replace the Bridgestone Turanzas...

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
I have these too as OEM fit. I find them OK, but the rears aren't wearing overly well and they are a bit noiser than i'd like. It's a bit easier to light the rears up than i'd like as well. And being staggered, I can only rotate side to side. There's a few complaints about them over on the HSV forums about them causing the car to wander a bit with a dead on-centre feel.

I have noticed this a couple of times, so when the time comes to replace them, i'll probably look elsewhere. Michelin PS4's will be my first port of call to consider I think.

I am currently running 245/35/20 on all 4 corners so its apples for me to rotate.

Maybe I need to turn the traction control off as I cant seem to light up rears tyres with only 320ishrwkw. in saying that I have never attempted to launch car but will give it a shot. My vehicle is as low as it can go as my cats do scrape from time to time on some speed humps and some like sharp triangled shaped driveways. Maybe my H&R springs and Bilstein shocks glue me to the road? j/k

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
have the pilot sport 4s on my VF Calais and after the turanzas they are like gold.

Sounds positive, definitely going to consider them cheers :)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Now I bought a set of RE003's … and when I was thinking about it, everyone told me they'd last about two weeks. Which I didn't care about because they're on a car which is lucky to see 2000km per year.

However, do have a squiz at the treadwear rating, it's about 200 where the others I was looking at were more like 300-350 (apparently those Coopers tyres made of rocks which dufii put on their gerlytrux & which don't allow safe cornering nor safe stopping in any conditions are around 600).

I can't comment on wear, they've not even done 1000km yet.

PS. If anyone knows (or finds out) how to get hold of these treadwear ratings that would be great, I struggled to find any (and only found the RE003's recently because Bridgestone uses the RE003 as an example to describe what a treadwear rating means).

Cooper tyres are designed for long life out of the tyre, rather than out right comfort....They are designed for the American market, rather than the Australian market

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I went from Turanzas to RE003's on my old Adventra LX8 in 2015 with a liitle tickle up tune-wise. These were the latest version then and I had the RE002s on another V8 commodore, which were good. Like another planet of driving, "chuckability" and grip, wet and dry. For the price I was very impressed and pretty good for suburban driving. Mind you anything would be good after the ER300's that the dealer accidently fitted! And the Maxxis tyres before them. Maybe the tyre world has moved on since then and maybe we will be soon getting the RE004?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Cooper tyres are designed for long life out of the tyre, rather than out right comfort
... or grip, or any semblance of safety ... I now know how the dog feels when he’s trying chuck a quick right-hand turn on the kitchen tiles!

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
or any other recommendations?

If you want quiet you'd be hard pressed to go past Yokohama Advan DB Decibel.

I bought them in 19" for my G6E specifically for reduced road noise levels on our long trips. Very happy with them.

Couldn't find anyone with 20" in stock when I was looking for tyres a few months ago but would have if I could have.

e: oh, had done around 30K kms on them when I traded the car and there was plenty left in them.

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
have to say i had the yoko advan db on my last car and was very disappointed in the noise level.the pilot sports are a heap quieter by comparison. may have just been that car but as they got older the noise level rose.
cheers

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
could well be seeing as the car was a european import, VW CC V6 AWD. I particularly chose the yoko's cause the conti's that were on it were horrendous for road noise. as i said they got noisier as they got older, werent too bad to start with.
cheers