Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's about that time (maybe) Changing parts on ecotec

phatvtcom

Reaction score
Members Ride
'99 VT
Hi all. So I've hit 250,000 on my VT and since it is still running fine i was thinking is it worth changing some bits and pieces that may make it run a little better. For example the oxygen sensors, I know for a fact that these have never been replaced but obviously still fully functional I believe. If I put new ones in would it be a noticeable difference? Just small things like the coil packs & DFI also and anything else that anyone would recommend changing over time. All I'm after is perhaps peace of mind and a smoother drive, maybe more response.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Don't fix what ain't broke I say.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Have a read of the Holden Owners Manual Service Section and see what it recommends to change at that range if you're that keen.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Heater Tap, These Tend to just Let go with no warning at all. Any hoses that look pretty run down also. other then that, Just New Belt, Leads, Plugs, Filters. Flush Power steering & brake fluid.
Thats about it, Coils & DFI tend to give warnings before they fail, Like a Miss while driving. Check your Spare tyre !

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
new heater tap and water pump would be good.

Just check things like the belt, air filter, hoses, fuel filter, plugs n leads. One thing I noticed about commodores is that when you are nice to them they bite you.

I would take K-bags advise, but I do remember my vs blowing hoses at the same k's yours is at now.