Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Its alive!

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Get some compressed air through them. Don’t rinse them!
To renovate the head lights, I sanded them in 3 or 4 grades, then two grades of plastic polish. Like new finish.
On the cheap VE I just buffed them, I also tried WD 40 on them, It made them look good but I think its only camouflaged the issue with them. They a lot beet compared when I got the car but for me still not 100% good

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
Oh. Also found a fix for a knocking noise that I had given up on.

It’s been annoying me for 7 years.

Redid all rear suspension last year (or year before). Noise still there!

Right rear it was.

Only thing that changed was it stopped when we put in the car seat on the right rear instead of centre when kid was a brand new human.

Bugger me, today I found it.
The white plug bit that the rear seat base pushes down into is ever so slightly loose. A little lift and jiggle and there’s the noise!! Seat is firmly in but that slight movement made such a noise. I swore it was suspension because it happened with bumps.

If your VE or VF has a knock related to bumps, check the rear seat base with no load on it.

What did you actually do to fix this problem? Did you change those white bits where the seat clips into or was it just a matter of adjusting them somehow?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Changed them. Got two from a wrecker. Also added the insulation under the seat, making for a much firmer fit as well.