Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Its alive!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Started the Calais today.
Took a while to get going.

A new battery in.

It’s been 5mths. Dropped some liquimoly octane booster in. Gave it a few more starts.
She chugged into life.
Took maybe 5 or 6 goes getting it to kick over.
Not a noise from the motor. No clunks or anything. Some of you might recall my questions about starting it. If I should disconnect the fuel pump fuse. The advise was no and I’m happy with the choice.
It all looks quite new under there now. No smoke, no burning... so far.

Running better than before.

Radiator needs to bled next.

Fricken wiper motor is a puzzle.
It’s going backwards. So off comes the cowl and adjust the position of the arm linkage. The VE VF doesn't have a notched spindle like previous models.

I redid the wiper assembly.

Forgot the DVD was on the fritz prior to the roof retrim. Not going to sort that now it’s in. That was a ct of job getting the roof lining back in.

No movies for the small humans.

Thought I'd share that because it’s a good, and sometimes anxious, moment getting the car started for the first time.

I was anxious hooking the battery the first time, checking all the wiring and connections, worked well. Checked and triple checked nearly all steps so it was done well in one go.

Should have made reference marks on the wiper assembly though.

Attachments

• A1D21AAD-FD0F-40A8-8B35-29E736780671.jpeg
    A1D21AAD-FD0F-40A8-8B35-29E736780671.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Well done!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Started the Calais today.
Took a while to get going.

A new battery in.

It’s been 5mths. Dropped some liquimoly octane booster in. Gave it a few more starts.
She chugged into life.
Took maybe 5 or 6 goes getting it to kick over.
Not a noise from the motor. No clunks or anything. Some of you might recall my questions about starting it. If I should disconnect the fuel pump fuse. The advise was no and I’m happy with the choice.
It all looks quite new under there now. No smoke, no burning... so far.

Running better than before.

Radiator needs to bled next.

Fricken wiper motor is a puzzle.
It’s going backwards. So off comes the cowl and adjust the position of the arm linkage. The VE VF doesn't have a notched spindle like previous models.

I redid the wiper assembly.

Forgot the DVD was on the fritz prior to the roof retrim. Not going to sort that now it’s in. That was a ct of job getting the roof lining back in.

No movies for the small humans.

Thought I'd share that because it’s a good, and sometimes anxious, moment getting the car started for the first time.

I was anxious hooking the battery the first time, checking all the wiring and connections, worked well. Checked and triple checked nearly all steps so it was done well in one go.

Should have made reference marks on the wiper assembly though.
Impressive. I have found your postings ****dy interesting and have learnt some stuff myself. Feel like I've been on a journey with you.
Thanks for the detailed posts and good work getting it back running.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
So finally got the radiator and cooling bled today.
One hiccup, I forgot to clamp the radiator overflow hose. All the coolant was filling the reservoir to overfill and coming out the air duct in the top of it and leaking out. I thought the reservoir was cracked because I wasn't aware there was a vent hole in it. Removed it to discover this and then realise I didn't clamp the hose to block it off. Huge FacePalm!

Engine runs so smooth, you could sit a glass of water on the intake manifold and it wouldn't come off.
Once it was warm after 30mins or so idling, gave it some revs and it the exhaust even popped coming off revs.
So smooth and quiet.

Didn't even get anything burning off the exhaust like always happens after you've done some work or the car has sat for a bit.

So stoked.
Now to get the interior trim panels, glovebox, back in tomorrow arvo.
Then I'm calling it done.

Found some service stickers on eBay for air filter and oil change details.

Paint the rims silver when it warms up a bit.

Wash and polish next after that.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
Don't forget the mudflaps :p

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the passenger side trims back in today. I trimmed the dash spear in the same suede I did the roof and pillar trims.
I wasn’t entirely confident I did the right thing with this, but now it’s installed, it really looks the goods. So stoked with it. Way better than any finish Holden did.

37E6019C-DB7F-40E4-A205-5C7D52100B8B.jpeg

I have also repaired the glove box amid all this.
Now have the lowering string attached again after the molded pin broke at some point. I did some insulation around it and opened the door skin and insulated inside that to give a nice solid sound and feel. Another thing I’m glad with.

I'll post that later. I used a screw which seems to be stronger anyway.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Now I need to remove the front seat trim to get the sill trims back on.
I don't want to bugger this up, so will consult the manual for details.
I have read that the rear trim gets levered up from the back it and then the front from the front of it.
I'm not entirely happy to do that without more detail on the procedure at this point.

I am also having a hell of a time getting the steering column shroud back on.
It was hard to remove, but getting it back on seems impossible without removing the steering wheel first.
So unless someone knows a trick, the steering wheel comes off.
I assume that is a similar procedure to VZ.
Any advice on that is also welcome.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Very simple to remove the seat trim, pry the knob of if the seat has it, then lever the rear of it over the frame. In the centre of the trim you should feel a metal clip. Pull back on that then slide the trim towards the front of the car and it should come away. You'll most likely find the front bracket has broken causing it to sit loose