Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's Friday 13th !!!

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
i got my car back after getting a full respray last saturday, and this afternoon a stupid b***h reversed into it:cry:

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
i got my car back after getting a full respray last saturday, and this afternoon a stupid b***h reversed into it:cry:

Man that really sucks....:bang:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
hehehe, yeah bitch of a day. Nothing to do with friday 13th though I reckon, just the incompetent fools that uni likes to employ. I'm a student, and one of the courses I'm studying this semester is engineering management, for this course we have to start a very small business make and market a product, do a business plan, annual report etc. Anyway we decided to make a poker kit, and to boost our sales we recently decided to run a not for profit poker tournament night where all entry fee's went towards running the night and prizes for the winners. (which we would buy from ourselves, just to boost profits a little bit) All gambling to be done with chips with no monetary value etc. Our marketing man sought legal advice from the uni legal advice people as to whether this would be legal, they said it was cool and it was party time.

A few weeks later and we had sold 48 tickets, max capacity, a few hiccups along the way but all were resolved. All looking awesome. Then today at 1.15PM, five hours before the tournament, the aformentioned marketing man gets a call from our course lecturer saying that he'd been contacted by all manner of freaky legal types saying that our plans were in contravention of an entire section of the ACT gaming act. A quick chat with the original legal "advisor"/numbnuts quickly revealed that he had missed that entire section of the act and if we went ahead we would indeed be facing the possiblity of twelve months in the slammer apiece.

Not particularly liking the idea of legal proceedings, we did the only thing we could. As people turned up we told them the bad news, refunded their cash and offered them a place at a table to have a game just for fun. Net result:
-Our company makes a loss on the running of the tourney.
-Our company is denied any profits that may have indirectly resulted from the tourney.
-The company as a whole and members as individuals lose face in the eyes of the consumer.
-Our shareholders lose part of their projected return and hence the company suffers.

If this were a real life situation, the legal numbnuts would be facing a lawsuit under the tort of negligence for the cost of organising the evening and possibly lost earnings, but under the fake business framework that we are bound to there is no provision for dealing properly with such incompetence. It may seem like a small and insignificant issue (in real terms we only lost $52), but it makes me see red that we have been treated in such a shabby fashion. In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "I don't get no respect!", all too true unfortunately.

Other than that it's been a friggin fantastic week, weathers warming up, nothing's on fire in my local region (yet), and the seatcovers have well and truly taken off their dustjackets. (the people who invented tank tops and miniskirts have my sincere gratitude) LOL, thats my rant, hope y'all had a better day than me. :)

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4

Murphy's law. Murphy's other law says you weren't carrying a firearm at the time it happened. Murphy was a bastard, should've married the bitch who reversed into you. Hope you get it fixed without too many hassles man.

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I celebrated by breaking a (small) mirror, walking under a ladder, I got in my boat and whistled (admittedly while it sits behind the house), and carried a shovel through the house just after opening an umbrella indoors. :thumbsup: :yeah:

Superstitions? Hah.:yeah:

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I celebrated by breaking a (small) mirror, walking under a ladder, I got in my boat and whistled (admittedly while it sits behind the house), and carried a shovel through the house just after opening an umbrella indoors. :thumbsup: :yeah:

Superstitions? Hah.:yeah:

You forgot the black cat. :D Oh and the frogurt is also cursed!

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
hehehe, yeah bitch of a day. Nothing to do with friday 13th though I reckon, just the incompetent fools that uni likes to employ. I'm a student, and one of the courses I'm studying this semester is engineering management, for this course we have to start a very small business make and market a product, do a business plan, annual report etc. Anyway we decided to make a poker kit, and to boost our sales we recently decided to run a not for profit poker tournament night where all entry fee's went towards running the night and prizes for the winners. (which we would buy from ourselves, just to boost profits a little bit) All gambling to be done with chips with no monetary value etc. Our marketing man sought legal advice from the uni legal advice people as to whether this would be legal, they said it was cool and it was party time.

A few weeks later and we had sold 48 tickets, max capacity, a few hiccups along the way but all were resolved. All looking awesome. Then today at 1.15PM, five hours before the tournament, the aformentioned marketing man gets a call from our course lecturer saying that he'd been contacted by all manner of freaky legal types saying that our plans were in contravention of an entire section of the ACT gaming act. A quick chat with the original legal "advisor"/numbnuts quickly revealed that he had missed that entire section of the act and if we went ahead we would indeed be facing the possiblity of twelve months in the slammer apiece.

Not particularly liking the idea of legal proceedings, we did the only thing we could. As people turned up we told them the bad news, refunded their cash and offered them a place at a table to have a game just for fun. Net result:
-Our company makes a loss on the running of the tourney.
-Our company is denied any profits that may have indirectly resulted from the tourney.
-The company as a whole and members as individuals lose face in the eyes of the consumer.
-Our shareholders lose part of their projected return and hence the company suffers.

If this were a real life situation, the legal numbnuts would be facing a lawsuit under the tort of negligence for the cost of organising the evening and possibly lost earnings, but under the fake business framework that we are bound to there is no provision for dealing properly with such incompetence. It may seem like a small and insignificant issue (in real terms we only lost $52), but it makes me see red that we have been treated in such a shabby fashion. In the words of Rodney Dangerfield "I don't get no respect!", all too true unfortunately.

Other than that it's been a friggin fantastic week, weathers warming up, nothing's on fire in my local region (yet), and the seatcovers have well and truly taken off their dustjackets. (the people who invented tank tops and miniskirts have my sincere gratitude) LOL, thats my rant, hope y'all had a better day than me.

I rember doing somthing like that in primary school, our group brang in out playstations and nintendos, we were the most sucessful woot lol

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I rember doing somthing like that in primary school, our group brang in out playstations and nintendos, we were the most sucessful woot lol

Probably the same damned thing, wasn't called YAA was it? It's aimed at high school students, but they give it to us as an assessable item with half the standard time to do it in. Been the bane of my existence for the last month or two.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
was kinda good, really!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
update, i get home from work turn my bedroom light on, pop. it dies. meh. grab a spare bulb. pop it goes too. ok..... 3rd times the charm. wonder when this one will go though.