Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's my Birthday

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Happy Birthday man!

One of my best gifts was from my whore of an ex-gf (ok thats mean but its true), she took me away for a trip to Mansfield (next to Mt
Buller) in April this year, and it unseasonably snowed (hadn't been to the snow since I was 5 years old), will never forget that

went there last year with my mrs. stayed at a place... um called something similar to the Altzburg.... not completely sure. didnt snow but agreed its bloody awesome.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Happy birthday for, now yesterday!!!
Sweeeet b'day present! Just think, next year you'll be getting something even better! thats how it works isnt it? hahaha
My best would have to be my car, but that was kinda birthday/christmas... And its ended up costing me a stack myself... but oh well... :p
Happy boating!!

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Thanks for the birthday wishes. It has been a great day.

Our family was very poor when I was growing up and every gift was memorable.
My Dad used to pick up bike parts from the tip and we would build our own bikes or each other bikes, in secret, for birthdays etc. Kids at school were actually jealous because we would reconfigure ours bikes about three times a week whilst they were stuck with just the one new bike. We had bikes with racing bike seats and motorbike handle bars long before BMX was even dreamt off. Maybe someone watched us doing jumps and breaking forks.

So as a kid I did receive many memorable gifts that cost nothing and though the boat cost far from nothing the work that went into getting it was amazing. Chris worked on Sundays, cleaning boats, at the boat yard to pay off half of the boat. I was not aware as I was taking either my Daughter or Stepson to their respective sports. My computer repairs took $800 off the price. The owner of the yard took $1000 off the original price, pretended to give Chris a tradein of $1500 for the old motor and fitted the newer motor for $1000 ($2700 list price). In reality it means he took $1500 off and gave us a better motor.
He said Chris worked so hard but wasn't going to make up the shortfall by today (even though he kept increasing her pay) and he thought she deserved to make it so he arranged the finance for the final $1000 as we were getting the boat at cost price and he couldn't reduce it any more.
I'll be making the payments on that and being extra special and doting on Chris for the next fifty years.

As it stands the boat will cost us $1248 (over 2 years) out of our pocket and 15 x 3 hour shifts of Chris's labour. Even at $20 an hour would only be $900.
Plus the $800 from the computer work = $2948

The original sale price was $4900 with the old motor (81 50hp) + $2700 for the new motor minus $1500 tradein for the old = $6100

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
sounds like you've got a great woman there mate, keep an eye on her.

that sounds very similar to my other half and my christmas present last year. I gave her my vl which i was still paying off during last year because she wanted it and then she surprised me at christmas with the vc, doing extra shifts and saving without my knowing.

well done champ, i'm sure she knows how much you appreciate the effort behind the gift, and once again, happy birthday for yesterday.