Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

It's my Birthday

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
It is my Birthday today, 02/11/2006.

I have received my best birthday gift ever.

My Beautiful wife, Christine, bought me a boat.
Carribean Sandpiper half cabin, 15' 6", Canopy, 1996 40hp merc (370 hours), fish finder, stereo, radio, Nav lights, all white, on a trailer and all licensed.

I am stunned and just a little excited. I may get it by the weekend or early next week at the latest.
Chris had a devious plan. Over the last 3 or 4 months I have repaired, reformatted or installed software on computers for her friends at work, and their friends, at no charge other than some parts(with only slight cursing on my part). Unbeknown to me all had got quotes from shops and then paid Chris half of their quote price which she used as a deposit. Chris financed the remainder and has to pay the princely sum of $12.00 per week for 24 months or $1248 including interest. She will not tell me how much it was but similar boats in the same yard are around $4500.

Apart from hand made gifts from my Daughter I have never received a better present.

So what is your best or most memorable gift? Monetary value is irrelevant.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
hmmm good question, most gifts i get are more practical then sedimental.

god a 48CD wallet once, didnt know how it would go as it was only a fellows one, but 4 years later and i still have it, didnt think it would last so well!

and for my 21st ( late nov ) i have only two things on my list, to have an awesome pissup with mates ( im driving 1700km's to catch up with them! ) and a couple of full sized weather sheilds for my car its something i've always wanted but never got around to getting. that and tint.

if i wanted to get fancy i wouldnt mind getting parts for a new computer, its not something i really need but its a little hard to get upgrades for mine so making a new box would be the way to go.

i remember getting a bike for my birthday once, basic huffy BMX bike, had two major mods, upgraded grank from a mongoose for better top end and road tires, useless in sand but awesome for the footpath. oh and a digital speedo ^_^ was happy about clocking 40km/hr on it

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
It is my Birthday today, 02/11/2006.

I have received my best birthday gift ever.

My Beautiful wife, Christine, bought me a boat.
Carribean Sandpiper half cabin, 15' 6", Canopy, 1996 40hp merc (370 hours), fish finder, stereo, radio, Nav lights, all white, on a trailer and all licensed.

Sounds like your onto a winner there mate. When i turned 15 or 16 my parents bought me a boat (12ft V-nose punt) for my birthday. 2 or 3 of my mates had punts too, so almost every weekend we would be out using them. At the mouth of the major river where i grew up there's a 'village' of beach huts which is only accessable by boat (there was power though). A mate's parents owned one, so we were there all the time. plenty of fishing and alot of mischief (hardly anyone else there, so we could do whatever we wanted).

That was by far the best birthday present i ever got. That boat probably got more use than my car does now :p

PS. Happy Birthday and enjoy your boat!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Happy Birthday man!

One of my best gifts was from my whore of an ex-gf (ok thats mean but its true), she took me away for a trip to Mansfield (next to Mt
Buller) in April this year, and it unseasonably snowed (hadn't been to the snow since I was 5 years old), will never forget that

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
Single_girl, yes a CD wallet, i am a big computer geek so getting a good cd wallet is perfect for me, holds all my disks easy to carry or go lanning with etc etc.

my family was never.... well off... so as i said, gifts were more practical then sedimental

heck i got a 5kg tin of coffe for my mum once for her birthday because she was out for a couple of days, it was exactly what she needed lol

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
dw patriot, I've got a precious CD wallet as well, used for the XBOX backups.. don't know what I'd do without it!

*takes a moment to reflect on how cd wallets have changed our world*

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
heh yeah its either in the wallet or in three different spindles i have, the wallet has all my legit games, plus a few side items ( driver CD's etc etc )

ducatis

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
Happy Birthday mate, hope you enjoyed it :) and remember, fishying a boat is alot similar to a car hehehe just turn and turn

best present i have ever got was my new ute for my 18th 2 sundays ago :p pitty i cant drive till december...i think ill just go admire it now