Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"It's Offical" SAPOL has 40 of ZB's

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I laugh at those who say the front of the ZB looks ugly

The shape and configuration of the grille is blended into the front bumper between the headlights, with some complex curves.

Mazda is cleaner in its design.

I wonder what the first facelift should fix?

Some forward thinking Holden Dealers could try customising the front?

Maybe the grille by matching it to the body colour paint.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I personally feel they are a rather good looking car, why have Mazda sold so many M6's. I just think that the little anti off shore haters inside many of us is making us all very bloody minded.
As far as the general car buying public are concerned the question of warranties and reliability is a far bigger issue than has it got a V8 ?, has it got local content ? These issues are in the minority to car building companies as the average car buyer just gets in and gets to where they are going to, as the automobile is just another throwaway commodity only to be replaced in 5 years.

Local content of cars, when they were manufacturered here were very minimal....Not sure of the percentage, but it was always cheaper to import than manufacture here, which was a shame.

I do agree with you though...they do look rather nice and most car manufacturers class them as throw away items....

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
You'd be pleasantly surprised about local content, the whole interior was made locally in South Australia. Companies such as "Futuris" right next door to the Elizabeth Plant with a private bridge crossing Kettering Road and directly accessing the Holden plant made most of the interior along with other companies doing plenty of injection moulded pieces for Holden and the other two Australian manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota.

Steel and Alloy Wheels all being made locally, plus many other bits and pieces.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You'd be pleasantly surprised about local content, the whole interior was made locally in South Australia. Companies such as "Futuris" right next door to the Elizabeth Plant with a private bridge crossing Kettering Road and directly accessing the Holden plant made most of the interior along with other companies doing plenty of injection moulded pieces for Holden and the other two Australian manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota.

True parts were locally produced and used, but there was a fair amount imported, which was a damn shame.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

When were the alloy wheels for Holden made in Australia?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
ROH were making all the wheels for GMH here in Adelaide. Not quite sure when that ceased to happen as I have a suspicion that the last wheels were coming from overseas.

I'm sure someone here will know the exact changeover time point.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The local station has had three marked delivered and one mufti car , one is a V6 wagon , one VRX and one 2.0 L , they look good in day glow yellow accents on white and blue

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
ROH were making all the wheels for GMH here in Adelaide. Not quite sure when that ceased to happen as I have a suspicion that the last wheels were coming from overseas.

Yes, Dad’s 2013 VF CalaisV had rims made in Thailand. Within 12 months they suffered from ‘crazing’ with moisture under the clear coat, from the high humidity in Thailand apparently....replaced under warranty. Not a problem that ROH ever had to my knowledge.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan

From memory, VE is when Holden changed wheel supplier for the Commodore. HSV may have still used ROH during VE, but they also dropped them too.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD

Steel/Alloy wheels on Commodores had been fully imported for some time......