Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"It's Offical" SAPOL has 40 of ZB's

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
From memory, VE is when Holden changed wheel supplier for the Commodore. HSV may have still used ROH during VE, but they also dropped them too.

Yep, about the 2006/2007 mark is when Holden started importing from China. From memory, so did Ford. Toyota were the only manufacturer using ROH - now that they are also gone, I'm not sure what they are using.

I also remember in 2014ish when I bought my first SSVR, there was a backlog of 4 months for a build; Holden had a Chinese shortage on those black 19" rims and had to import them from the USA, which was costing more than if ROH had made them. And then ROH were screaming out and asking why when they were just down the road?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I thought they'd end up with fully imported cheap Asian trash eventually.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Might be worth looking into towball download. While the AWD ZB might have 2100Kg tow capacity, the towball load is only 90 Kg. Something to consider if you are towing anything much more than a box trailer with a ZB (quite a few Euros have ball weight at 5% of tow capacity whereas Aussie normal expectation is 10%).

To be fair, a 90kg tow ball load represents a fairly big trailer. I know 20+foot boats that wouldn't even put 100kg directly onto the tow ball.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Lost me....Can't think of a wheel manufacturer that doesn't make wide wheels

I must be older than you to vaguely remember it.

Pommy TV phrase used to persuade you that quantity and cheaper price is more important than quality. Originated from unscrupulous London backstreet tailors palming you off with cheap material instead of the good stuff for your suit.
"Hmm. This suit smells of dead Germans and cat piss, and is sturdy enough to both restrain a rutting wart hog and give me heat-stroke if the mercury climbs above 60 degrees, my good man. Never mind the quality, feel the width my son! They don't make cloth like this anymore!"

Delete 'material'.... insert 'wheels' or any other item that used to be made in Australia, but is now cheaply imported from OS.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I must be older than you to vaguely remember it.

Pommy TV phrase used to persuade you that quantity and cheaper price is more important than quality. Originated from unscrupulous London backstreet tailors palming you off with cheap material instead of the good stuff for your suit.
"Hmm. This suit smells of dead Germans and cat piss, and is sturdy enough to both restrain a rutting wart hog and give me heat-stroke if the mercury climbs above 60 degrees, my good man. Never mind the quality, feel the width my son! They don't make cloth like this anymore!"

Delete 'material'.... insert 'wheels' or any other item that used to be made in Australia, but is now cheaply imported from OS.

Age hasn't got much to do with it....Watching particular TV shows has and I just happened to be one of those that didn't watch that much

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Well SAPOL are now down to 39 ZB's after one was totalled in a driver error situation, which seems to be becoming quite the norm here in South Australia