Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

"It's Offical" SAPOL has 40 of ZB's

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well SAPOL are now down to 39 ZB's after one was totalled in a driver error situation, which seems to be becoming quite the norm here in South Australia

Was that the one on Grand Junction Rd and Eastern Parade Ottoway?

I've also been seeing a few more lurking round of late too

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Yep you got it, what a mess that made and to think "Prix Car" won't even need hair dryers to get the vinyl decals off as they've just been freshly applied and should just peel straight off.

They always seem to get onto the tele during the news services don't they ??

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Might be worth looking into towball download. While the AWD ZB might have 2100Kg tow capacity, the towball load is only 90 Kg (I haven't seen this on Holden website, my source is carsales.com.au in the specs for ZB they list the ball weight for ZB at 90 Kg. Something to consider if you are towing anything much more than a box trailer with a ZB (quite a few Euros have ball weight at 5% of tow capacity whereas Aussie normal expectation is 10%).

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Might be worth looking into towball download. While the AWD ZB might have 2100Kg tow capacity, the towball load is only 90 Kg (I haven't seen this on Holden website, my source is carsales.com.au in the specs for ZB they list the ball weight for ZB at 90 Kg. Something to consider if you are towing anything much more than a box trailer with a ZB (quite a few Euros have ball weight at 5% of tow capacity whereas Aussie normal expectation is 10%).

I do not know a lot about the tow ball weight....but I have seen some very impressive twin axle caravans....being towed by a limited sized SUV rice vehicle....I mean these caravan dealers must fill the buyer with a load of ******** ….and yes your vehicle is suitable.....I wonder do caravan spare tyres come with a space saver and/or a fly spray can?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
While the AWD ZB might have 2100Kg tow capacity, the towball load is only 90 Kg
The ZB wont be towing much in Queensland while the current revenue collection is happening or does the revenue collector only see 4wd's?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Heard on grapevine that Sa police not happy with the 4wd fuel economy. I've seen a 2lt turbo lately.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Saw a ZB in silver and blue highway patrol dress on Dohles Rocks Road Kallangur (Qld) this morning. Certainly took me by surprise as I hadn’t heard of Qld Police using ZBs...not sure what model it was as I was too busy gwarking at the fact it was a ZB with additional aerials etc in HP guise.

Highway patrol had of course previously been V8 Falcodores now being replaced by Stingers. General duties are mainly Hyundai with still some Aurions getting around.

What surprised me just as much was that a minute later I turned into Anzac Ave & passed another ZB (not Police) going the other way....2 ZBs on the road within a minute is definitely a record for me.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
They're everywhere now. Every time I go out on the road now I see at least one or three per trip so I guess all the hoo hah will be dying down and Holden will be bringing more in soon.

Australian's sure have shorter memories than most other nationalities and are prepared to forgive and forget really quickly and move on I've always found.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Australian's sure have shorter memories than most other nationalities and are prepared to forgive and forget really quickly and move on I've always found.

Once the price is right.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Highway patrol had of course previously been V8 Falcodores now being replaced by Stingers. General duties are mainly Hyundai with still some Aurions getting around.

Not sure about over east but here in WA police haven't ran V8 patrol cars since VE. All VF's from highway patrol to general duties are V6, with most still active. Not sure what they will move onto next... more Hiluxs probably.