Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Its time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, AGAIN

Rhin0o8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais Impounded?
@ Soop
UK games can be played on Australian Gaming consoles? im pretty sure US games are different

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
as long as the region coding on the game your buying is either:

PAL
or Region Free
Hopefully itll be region free

This applies to Consoles only PC's dont have region coding

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
This will be banned in about 0.0835 of a second.

I lol'd at the end bit.

"After 12 f***** years it should be"

Yeah... Banned in Australia for sure! Because we don't have an R18+ rating for games. Mean that as an adult, I don't get to decide what I want for me! Ridiculous NANNY STATE!!!

as long as the region coding on the game your buying is either:

PAL
or Region Free
Hopefully itll be region free

This applies to Consoles only PC's dont have region coding

People don't actually think gaming is better on consoles do they? I mean, I bought a PS3, but as a Bluray player and network media server.

That's why we need a R rating on video games.

Exactly! But you can't convince the cardigans of that.

Solution isn't eBay to or buy overseas. Just bloody download it!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
@ Soop
UK games can be played on Australian Gaming consoles? im pretty sure US games are different

UK and Canadian games can be played on our consoles.

We are actually getting one. However, MA games will be moving up to R and those which are still banned will continue to be banned.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
my bro just bought left 4 dead 2 from the uk, all i can say is make sure it's packed well, his cd was folded in half when it got here.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
We are actually getting one. However, MA games will be moving up to R and those which are still banned will continue to be banned.

lol - did you just make that up? The way you describe it isn't even accurate. If R18+ for games was introduced, everything currently classified at a certain level, will retain its classification. Everything deemed not suitable for classification (within the current system) can be reviewed and re-classified. And a lot of what's been deemed not suitable for classification would easily fall into an R18+ classification.

All state Attorneys General need to agree and so does the Federal Attorney General, and so far they do not.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01

I understand why you say this but we don't _need_ ratings at all. Simply let all games be purchased by people over 18 only and from there Govco be ####ed.. We need to let parents decide. I played Wolf3d, Doom, Doom2, Duke3d, Quake, etc and let my kids play them since the day they could press the keys and use the mouse. Multiplayed first over null modem cables then network with them. My choice as a parent. I have never censored my kids in _any_ of life's arenas. Ever. Always answered their questions openly and honestly even when they are uncomfortable q's. Censorship is the boogy man. All have turned out fine young men. Communication is what kids need, not censorship.

I could really rant about this for ages but won't.. I've been called a bad parent and worse, an abusive parent, for my views but meh.. Proof is in the pudding.