Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I've finally fixed an annoying coolant leak V6 commy

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Just a bit of a heads up for anyone else who finds themselves topping up the radiator every month or so on their V6 commy. Leak was almost undetectable but I got the little sucker! It was leaking from the back of the inlet mannafold, dripping down the sides of the bellhousing and I think it was burning on the exhaust as I never had any drips!
On the back of the inlet manafold there is a black plastic fitting held in with a single 6mm bolt. This fitting is where the heater hose joins on. When I removed it it was broken in half right on the oring groove. I used a tap to cut a thread in the piece still in the manafold and slowly wriggled it out. Holden actually had 1 in stock suprisingly. They said they are very popular as they are effected by the heat. It was $23 all up with the oring aswell. cheap fix to an annoying problem! Hopefully it will help someone else. :thumbsup:

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmm i may have this problem as i have to top myne up every few few weeks toa month.

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
i had the same thing but i only paid six or seven dollars for the same part from holden