Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I've had enough.

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Right i've had enough with this stupid VT.

Can anyone think of any part of the car that could be causing the highbeams to draw small amounts of power from the passenger low beam (when the high beams are off), and only the drivers side highbeam to work (passenger low beam dimming at the same time). If the relays are all working, the fuses are all working, and the lights themselves have been replaced?

It's something on the car side of the wiring, behind the 6 pin plugs that connect into the lights... Cannot work it out.

Might buy a Ford... -_-

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Replaces the relays & fuses. An go from there.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Right i've had enough with this stupid VT.

Can anyone think of any part of the car that could be causing the highbeams to draw small amounts of power from the passenger low beam (when the high beams are off), and only the drivers side highbeam to work (passenger low beam dimming at the same time). If the relays are all working, the fuses are all working, and the lights themselves have been replaced?

It's something on the car side of the wiring, behind the 6 pin plugs that connect into the lights... Cannot work it out.

Might buy a Ford... -_-

I had the same thing years ago with a different car. After months and months and hundreds of dollars, it turned out to be a dodgey earth in the trailer plug.

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
well i just spent $300 on lights (that dont fit properly) and globes to no avail. Next step is all the relays and fuses and switches and stalks.. failing that am auto electrician and hundreds of dollars....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It will be an earth problem. Check all the earths at the head lights and the tail lights, and also the relay block. Make sure all the plugs are clean and dry as well.

Oh, and check the high/low beam switch on the indicator stalk, all the head light power goes through that.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
I crashed me car late last year and after I fixed the panels replaced the headlight and had the exact same issue. Took it to an auto elec and he fixed it for $20. Don't know what the issue was but it might be wise to get it looked at

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
+1 for bad earth

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Buy a ford! Lol they have as much problems as Holden's do lol. Buy a Toyota camry

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
By the time you factor in new lights/globes/fuses/relays, you probably would come out in front going to a sparky. I fix everything mechanical on my car but I don't F&#K with the wiring.