Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I've just an amazing insight haha

akust0m

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT II SS LS1
As some have have already gone through this stage, I have decided I am going to stop spending money on my S-Pack and start saving for an 8 :) I'm starting to think that owning an 8 isn't a want but a need haha :)

VY Clubsport 6sp is what I'm aiming for..

Anyways, the thread is kind of pointless, but hey I'm at work and I'm bored so I thought I'd post my thoughts :D

Catch,

Chris

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
Goals are always good!

Mine ATM is to Stop my car from sounding like the love child of a diesel Peugot and a victa lawn mower :)

shadetreemechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR v6
Here's my philosophy on the issue...
Unless you're aiming to get forced induction on your 6, I'd definitely not waste a penny on 'mods' for it (at the end of the day it's still gonna sound like a 6) But a turbo or SC six is cool.
An NA 8 is a different beast though

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
My philosophy is a little different...

the 6 can be made to handle and brake better than the 8. Simply through lack of weight, and the positioning of that weight behind the front axles, instead of just on .

The 6 Will never make as much power as the 8, but certainly be made to be just as quick for any street situation - I think a 13 second 6 is reasonable and easy enough. (Mild motor + SC, gearbox and diff will do this).

So in any circuit, road rally, hillclimb, or driving event that's not a straight out speed run, dyno event or drag race, the 6 is a better option.

That's just my opinion, and it may or may not have any basis in fact :)