Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Or possibly just the rare occurence when a customer is left out to dry through no ones fault. Happens from every vendor the issue is when its a common.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
when he was given the link and told to come and post here i dont think old jled told him about the way he treated thorby i think you will find he played the victim.

remember his first attempt was reporting this thread over and over to the moderators to get it deleted lol
thorby is entitled to his review/opinion good or bad and sending customers to attack him is just wrong.
i wonder if jled is doing the same thing kayhan audio does by offering discounts or freebies to customers that post "positive reviews" or is it just that he cant handle this negative review so he just directs the customers here to attack thorby, either way it is painfully obvious he is doing one of the above.

i hope it is not like kayhan because paying people to post positive reviews like they do is pretty dodgy, kayhan offer people something from their sub $100 product list to post 4 positive reviews and then send them the links so they can see and once verified they send the customer the free product.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
You really have it in for JLED for some reason.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I think this is what happened...

J Led sold stuff to Thorby as plug and play...
This was not plug and play for Thorby's car and Thorby was not keen to do r&d with J LED to make it work...
Thorby asked for a refund and this is where it got messy...
It seems Thorby was happy to keep some parts and get refund for others ...and this is where it hit the fan...

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
I have just fitted J-LED's Paddle Shift Kit & Module.
It all works perfectly :)

I had my concerns regarding the mentioned issues from Thorby, but everything went well and its working perfectly with no issues at all.

My car (VF SSV L77 2015) had the Purple Wire in the 3rd Spot on the Clock Spring Connector as well. I was instructed to remove that wire & replace it with the supplied Green Wire, in which I did.
The sequence I did the installation was as follows.

1. Fitted the JLED Module to the Gear Shifter as per instructions given to me in a booklet supplied (About Half an Hour)
2. Then Routed the 1x Green Wire around from the Centre Console to the Steering Column.
3. Pulled the Top Plastic Cover off the Top of the Steering Column to access the Clock Spring Connector and Pulled out.
4. Removed the Purple Wire from the Connector (Pulled it out).
5. Fitted the New Green Wire into the connector as per instructions provided, and plugged back into clock spring.
6. Took the car for a test drive - Tested the Manual Gear Stick Selection - was working perfectly.
7. Proceeded to take off the Steering wheel - **Disconnected Battery** - Removed Airbag, Disconnected all cables, Removed the Centre Bolt (Very Hard - Pain in the Ass) and then the horn assembly, steering wheel removal etc
8. Removed Trim/Controls from the old steering wheel & fitted to new Steering Wheel.
9. Replace the Steering Wheel onto car and fitted all components, Centre Bolt, Connectors, airbag etc.
10. Reconnected Battery and Started car.
11. Drove off & Tested the Shifters - They worked perfectly.

So I am not sure what the issue is with Thorbys, but I can assure everyone that it all worked perfectly on my car.
I was very Sceptical about this kit, but thought I would give it a chance, and its paid off.

I sent a couple of messages to JLED regarding the Purple Wire and was assured it all should work. Some cars apparantly have this purple wire, and most don't. This Purple wire issue was not included in the instructions, which is why I was a bit concerned. Probably should have included a supplementary addition to the instructions regarding this purple wire ie (if the connector has a purple wire in the 3rd hole - proceed with the following instrucion..) But it all worked in the end.

I am very happy with the outcome.
The Paddles work very well, much nicer to drive with these on.

I am going to add my comment as a new thread, as I don't think its fair that one person should affect this business and put people off purchasing his product.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@oztech007, glad it all worked out for you but you don't need a new thread for the same JLed flippy flappy mod... Your post is enough to alleviate any concerns others may have with the product which now works. But did you consider it only now works because of these old issues and the fact the seller now better understands the wiring (despite not having an extra page added to the instructions to clarify that purple wire and what it does/did).

As mentioned a few posts above by Ron, Thorby's issue was his purchase didn't do what he expected it would do, that is, be plug and play. Guess he didn't want to be an unpaid tester or work to fault diagnose the issue. And as the product didn't do plug and play as expected, it's his right in law (ACL) to ask for and receive a full refund. Supposedly things went downhill at that point....

The simplest thing to have done is for the seller to have sent a return authorisation or prepaid registered return post pack (or equivalent) and a full refund on receipt of the product. And it must be noted that the returned product doesn't have to contain all the original packaging according to ACL as many sellers seem to demand (don't think this was the case hear but it's often a sticking point sellers wrongly insist on). Sadly things didn't go that way and the Barbara Streisand effect kicked in after a small issue turned into 11 page bruhaha. It's historyu and it shouldn't be burried.

As is, if you sell online and have an online presence, you must accept the bad reviews along with the good reviews. Even excellent sellers get occasional bad reviews cause you can't please everyone all the time... but they just move on...

It is what it is and one shouldn't try and rewrite history..

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
All I can say is that if someone is interested in buying this kit, that they don't have to go through 11 Pages of Posts & Reply's to get to the one that actually states that it works from someone that has actually installed it. That would be traumatizing.
That's why I created a new thread.
I Received No discount. I Paid just over $800 for the Kit including Postage.
Being that I run my own IT Repairs business, I would hate to get bad reviews for something that I tried to resolve or that was not properly installed. With my business, I always try everything I can to solve peoples issues with their computers, and very rarely get a bad review.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I run my own IT Repairs business, I would hate to get bad reviews for something that I tried to resolve or that was not properly installed.

How do you know what jled did to resolve it or how it was installed?

Keep in mind you are the 3rd customer jled has sent to this tread to post a positive review.

I also find it interesting that jayssvz popped up on this thread 20 minutes after you posted ;)

All that aside just because you had a good review that does not invalidate thorbys review and your review was not just a review, you mentioned thorby several times attempting to downplay his experience with jled and thats it why it looks like the old "go write a positive review here and i will give you..."

We are all glad you are happy with the product.