Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

mechanic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
FYI
You can say what you like about a person or business without fear, as long as it’s factual.

It only becomes libel or defamation if you can’t prove to a court that what you said is true, or you’ve entered into an agreement to not speak about your experience (ie a payout).

Don’t ever be afraid of someone’s threats to keep you quiet.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
It can’t be done even on VF2 Calais. Tried installing the Holden Genuine Sport Steering kit on my MY16 Calais V V6. But the stealership techs were unable to “activate” it in the BCM and they ended up giving me a full refund.
You will find Holden say they can’t do a lot of stuff that can be done, companies like Envyous customs do a lot of reverse engineering and can program things that Holden dealerships say can’t be done, pretty sure he can program the BCM To allow the paddle shift to work.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
FYI
You can say what you like about a person or business without fear, as long as it’s factual.

It only becomes libel or defamation if you can’t prove to a court that what you said is true, or you’ve entered into an agreement to not speak about your experience (ie a payout).

Don’t ever be afraid of someone’s threats to keep you quiet.
Mate I am certainly not afraid of these guys, I wanted to sort this out behind closed doors and walk away. They chose not to hence why I spoke up, I don't want anyone else to loose money the same way I did.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
You will find Holden say they can’t do a lot of stuff that can be done, companies like Envyous customs do a lot of reverse engineering and can program things that Holden dealerships say can’t be done, pretty sure he can program the BCM To allow the paddle shift to work.

Third party solutions usually deploy external modules to trick the BCM to act on things (shift gears, close/ open windows etc.). I don’t think they modify/ code the BCM itself. The gurus here can throw some light on this.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If they are trading without a abn that would be a whole world of hurt for them but it looks like this might be them

They are trading with an ABN (registered in Ivanhoe) but no registration for GST likely points to their income coming in below the $10,000/annual GST registration threshold. There are other mechanisms to get out of GST though, e.g. Family Trusts.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Third party solutions usually deploy external modules to trick the BCM to act on things (shift gears, close/ open windows etc.). I don’t think they modify/ code the BCM itself. The gurus here can throw some light on this.
Holden told me they couldn't activate the TPMS but a 3rd party did/could .

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Holden told me they couldn't activate the TPMS but a 3rd party did/could .

Good point. But all the third party paddle shift kits I’ve seen uses one of those boxes and two independent Holden Dealers told me (one after trying) they couldn’t activate the paddle option in the Calais V. Go figure.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
They are trading with an ABN (registered in Ivanhoe) but no registration for GST likely points to their income coming in below the $10,000/annual GST registration threshold. There are other mechanisms to get out of GST though, e.g. Family Trusts.

I know and because they have an abn they are subject to the acl consumer guarantee when they provide goods or services which works in thorbys favor.

If the kit they sold him did not work as advertised(not fit for purpose) or it was faulty he is entitled to a full refund or replacement with the return postage at the sellers cost and it is thorbys choice of the refund or replacement option.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Good point. But all the third party paddle shift kits I’ve seen uses one of those boxes and two independent Holden Dealers told me (one after trying) they couldn’t activate the paddle option in the Calais V. Go figure.
I think it’s just beyond Holden dealership capabilities, LSextreme say they flash your BCM for it to work and they don’t use any trick boxes.
DB05D84D-69CF-4BD6-9E69-F6D6A1642D27.png

Attachments

• F0BC63C4-D28D-4B2F-A258-E5E5BB1E8CF8.png
    F0BC63C4-D28D-4B2F-A258-E5E5BB1E8CF8.png
    226.3 KB · Views: 171

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
I know and because they have an abn they are subject to the acl consumer guarantee when they provide goods or services which works in thorbys favor.

If the kit they sold him did not work as advertised(not fit for purpose) or it was faulty he is entitled to a full refund or replacement with the return postage at the sellers cost and it is thorbys choice of the refund or replacement option.
Wish I could share the messages they sent me, it ain't over yet that's all I can say.