Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wish I could share the messages they sent me, it ain't over yet that's all I can say.
Instead of handling issues appropriately, seems that business is doing itself more harm than good... guess he hasn’t heard of the Streisand effect.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I just finished installing this kit on my series 1 and from the little testing I have done so far it works as advertised. Also had no issue with communication with the seller.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Wish I could share the messages they sent me, it ain't over yet that's all I can say.

I know mate but it is best to do what you think is right but for myself i will advise anyone that asks about that business to stay away from it because they are scammers that sell sh!t quality products and if they dont like my comment then bring it on :D

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I think it’s just beyond Holden dealership capabilities, LSextreme say they flash your BCM for it to work and they don’t use any trick boxes.
View attachment 212457

Checked the lsextreme website. The product listing mentions "SUITS ALL V6 & V8 VF-WN AUTO COMMODORES & HSV 2013-2016". I know that some manufacturers (for e.g. Hyundai) lock out features on the lower trims even in the BCM. So even if you get the hardware installed, the BCM does not let you 'activate' it. Could it be that the Calais being a luxury model and not a sports model is the root cause?

Have any of the Calais owners here installed the paddle shifters via the dealer? Is this feature available on the Director model - which I assume is the top spec Calais?

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Checked the lsextreme website. The product listing mentions "SUITS ALL V6 & V8 VF-WN AUTO COMMODORES & HSV 2013-2016". I know that some manufacturers (for e.g. Hyundai) lock out features on the lower trims even in the BCM. So even if you get the hardware installed, the BCM does not let you 'activate' it. Could it be that the Calais being a luxury model and not a sports model is the root cause?

Have any of the Calais owners here installed the paddle shifters via the dealer? Is this feature available on the Director model - which I assume is the top spec Calais?
I think the root cause is that you tried to get a Holden Dealership to do the work and they are **** on the best of days, there is nothing special about the Calais and it falls into all “V6 & V8 VF models“, all the BCM’s are they same just different programming for different models.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I remember there was a discussion about the standard Holden parts being retrofitted to VF's that didn’t have the paddles fitted as standard. The mechanical work and wiring was easy. There was also a service advisory that indicated how the programming was to be performed.

Sadly I suspect many techs may simply not be across all the advisories out their and don’t know what to reprogram (so much for paying top hourly rate for techs with poor memory)... In any case it’s buried within some thread somewhere within the forum (don’t complain about my memory as i‘m payed bupkis for posting :p).

This post from @snickol stated the following:

The factory kit just taps into the CAN BUS data line and then reprogram the BCM
"28. From TIS2WEB Service Programming System, program the BCM selecting (WZJ -
ACCESSROY-KIT-TRANSMISSION, REDUNDANT CONTROLS - STEERING WHEEL), then
perform the BCM Configuration & Setup. "
I imagine JHP are simply tapping into the shifter assembly

Obviously finding the thread that references the service advisory is better as it would list relevant series and/or models it an be done on ;)

And yes, the Director has paddles and is built on the Calais so has a few extras...

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
just to provide more anecdotes ive seen J-LED supply and fit a handful of kits to happy customers.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
I own J-LED Customs.
Firstly I would like to say my VF kit works perfectly in all the cars it has been fitted to bar one (and there have been many). And the guy that’s the bar one is the guy lying through his teeth here. And I’m extremely happy to provide evidence of this to anyone who want it.
Thorby you need to stop lying and putting my company down.
I never threatened anything. All I ever did was try to help you. All you did was gripe about money.
So…
The J-LED VF paddle shifters kit is an extremely good kit. It has features not available on any of the others. There are many good reviews on my Facebook page. And only one guy who packed the shits grovelled for money back when he couldn’t follow simple instructions. And used a maverick mechanic who didn’t bother to follow simple instructions like ‘disconnect the battery’, ‘make sure the three horn bolts are all the way right’ If you want to Blame someone blame your mechanic. He probably did something when he cut live wires…
Again happy to prove my kit and company to anyone who disagrees with what I am saying as I have proof of Thorby’s lies. Even Consumer Affairs sided with me after he went to them.

Last edited:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
ok let’s air out the laundry…

Consumer affairs said to me that I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device where clear instructions were not followed.

XXXX supplied them with our message chat. They saw our messages. They said to me that I was in the right.

Moral of the story - follow instructions, accept support when it’s given, and don’t just gripe about money.

I know and because they have an abn they are subject to the acl consumer guarantee when they provide goods or services which works in thorbys favor.

If the kit they sold him did not work as advertised(not fit for purpose) or it was faulty he is entitled to a full refund or replacement with the return postage at the sellers cost and it is thorbys choice of the refund or replacement option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
nice try

They are trading with an ABN (registered in Ivanhoe) but no registration for GST likely points to their income coming in below the $10,000/annual GST registration threshold. There are other mechanisms to get out of GST though, e.g. Family Trusts.

Attachments

• 8BC54008-6CF8-490B-B43E-B3D39BAC2CD1.jpeg
    8BC54008-6CF8-490B-B43E-B3D39BAC2CD1.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 190