Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
" you are not entitled to a refund as the kit is now second hand"

if he said that he is in the wrong because that is not how it works.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I’m done here.

You have said this a few times so either stop posting or resolve this with your customer in private. No slander here so stop reporting this thread! Customers are allowed to review products and advise accordingly, when in business you need to learn to take the good with the bad.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
From Slater and Gordon website in regards to Victoria's defamation laws so everyone here is clear that the OP made a thread about his honest opinion on his purchase. The retailer has acknowledged there is an issue/problem therefore the comment by the OP is substantially true.

1596248195772.png

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
First of all guys and girls, your support and advice on this tread has been truly humbling.

I am going to clear the final part of this discussion from my end, as the company has been a little remiss in what has been claimed. I will put my final discussion in rebuttal below:-

Please Let Me Make This Clear, This Was About A Product That Did Not Work With My Vehicle As Advertised. Now to respond:-

Gripe About Money- I simply asked for the best price for this kit. As all of us who buy mechanical parts for our vehicles, I am sure most of us ask that question.

Simple instructions not followed on install, the kit sent came with no printed instructions, these were sent vis PM in messenger which I found strange. We followed this to the letter of the law as installed by a fully licenced mechanic.

Maverick Mechanic installed this kit? I am sure Blue Toro Mobile mechanics would refute this claim.

Consumer Affairs advised J LED of a win? Incorrect they told me to persue this thru small claims court due to dollar value. Due to COVID 19 in NSW there is a back log in court cases, for a couple of hundred bucks and time off work I chose not to go down this path and clog up the court system

You state your sister in law is a lawyer? Why did you need to consult her if you were not in the wrong? Find this claim a bit strange.

You state I did not supply you photos of the install? How many times did I send them to you as well as various videos you requested. I asked you to discuss this with me via phone, you stated you prefer email interaction which clearly did not resolve the issue.

At NO time did I ask for a 50% refund, I simply asked you to refund me the cost of the module to which you replied " I don't want to have second hand goods on my shelf I cant resell. "

Lastly I am intrigued why you reached out to Ron Burgundy for a photo of his wiring on the steering column? Thanks again Ron for doing this as it wasn't your problem, in the end it did not solve the issue anyway. I do appreciate your time.

That's all I have to say about this matter, in the 30 odd years I have been working on cars this is the worst customer experience I have ever been subjected to. To call my fully licensed mechanic a Maverick is beyond reproach, I would have eaten this if it was only me doing this install but clearly this was NOT the case. Thanks again all you rock.

Cheers
Thorby

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
" I don't want to have second hand goods on my shelf I cant resell. "

well he cant do that but after reading that he was trying to get the thread deleted/shutdown it kind of makes it all clear how he operates.
his sister is not a lawyer too mate because she would have advised him that you the customer could post your experience about his product or service in a positive or negative way and there would be no grounds for him to call it defamation but he still tried to call that while reporting the post.

unfortunately some people just conduct business that way :confused:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
I’m going to be very clear here.

XXXX never asked to return the kit. therefore I never refused a full refund

XXXX came to me asking for help to get the kit working.

XXXX was told by me that the paddles can be enabled “by other means” (quoting you XXXX) 2+2= why he didn’t want to return the kit in full

XXXX demanded a 50% refund then threatened legal action if I did not comply.

fact - I NEVER threatened him once.

XXXX packed the shits when I said “when instructions are not followed problems arise” to which I apologised and explained that the comment was not passing the Blame.

XXXX post our message chain as it will clear all this up and show that all I did was try to resolve the issue..

XXXX return the entire kit in full for a full refund of the purchase price

Last edited by a moderator:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
FYI. There are a few comments on this post that back up how good this kit is. There are reviews on my page stating the same.

there are no others coming forward backing up XXXX’s claims of me being a “tool” or my kits”not fit for purpose“

provide evidence of your claims XXXX.

I await a message from you regarding returning the kit in full.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I’m going to be very clear here.

ok so lets give you the benefit of the doubt and we will assume that things got heated on both sides, things were said causing a stalemate.
we all know things like that happen but that does not explain why you attempted to shut this thread down by reporting it multiple times so why were you attempting to censor thorbys negative review?

you have to expect that a normal person will be very concerned about a business that is actively attempting to censor negative reviews.

also on a side note thorby never used his name so by you referencing him as "XXXXX" you have basically used customer data from your business to identify your customer on a public forum and you should be very careful while doing that because that is walking a very fine line.