Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

atimicute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS V V8 MY15 Series 1.5
Hi,
Has anyone tried, fitted, a J-LED CUSTOMS paddle shift kit? Only $700 plus delivery, direct from J-LED. Seem good value compared to JHP and with more features. Plug and play, new flat bottomed white stitched wheel, module, wiring and fitting instructions. Plus phone advice. I would be interested in comments and experience of this product. Staff are helpful.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Hi,
Has anyone tried, fitted, a J-LED CUSTOMS paddle shift kit? Only $700 plus delivery, direct from J-LED. Seem good value compared to JHP and with more features. Plug and play, new flat bottomed white stitched wheel, module, wiring and fitting instructions. Plus phone advice. I would be interested in comments and experience of this product. Staff are helpful.

I believe @Thorby had some experience with this on his car

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
I wouldn't go near this kit with a barge pole, PM me for details as the guy likes to threaten me with legal action if I voice my opinion on any forum.

Can send you the left over module I bought as a part of this crap kit, reminds me of The Peter Brock Energy Polariser of the 80's.

There is a much cheaper way to do this thru Holden, and at least it works first time every time. I found out the hard way trust me.

DO NOT BUY THIS KIT.
DO NOT BUY THIS KIT

Just my opinion based on experience and direct customer service with this company and the owner. You are free to accept or reject my opinion made here in writing as this is a public forum.

This is purely my opinion and based on my personal experience with J Led Customs and the owner, one of the worst online and financial purchases I have ever had the misfortune to be involved in.

Last edited:

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Holden kit is a new wheel with paddles and wiring and would need to be programmed into the car, dont think it can be done in the Calais and only done in Series 2 cars

Last edited:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the guy likes to threaten me with legal action if I voice my opinion on any forum.

He can make all the threats he likes but he cant do sh!t and for him to attempt to threaten a customer into silence is illegal.
As long as you talk about your experience with the business and not a particular person you can say what you like.

I would be tempted to buy his kit so he could make threats to me so i could make some money off the idiot in my spare time :D

Last edited:

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
He can make all the threats he likes but he cant do sh!t and for him to attempt to threaten a customer into silence is illegal.
As long as you talk about your experience with the business and not a particular person you can say what you like.

I would be tempted to buy his kit so he could make threats to me so i could make some money off the idiot in my spare time :D
I asked for a partial refund for their s$it module that didn't work. Was more than happy to pay for the wheel and wiring which were genuine Holden. They then said things in messenger that I won't repeat here, not a reputable company and even more average bloke that I communicated with alleged to be the owner. No address on the net and no Australian ABN number, this is a work in progress legally.

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi,

Stick to a reputable company that knows what they’re doing.
https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/holden-vf-paddle-shift-kit/

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stick to a reputable company that knows what they’re doing.
https://www.envyouscustoms.com/product/holden-vf-paddle-shift-kit/
Fully agree mate, and one that stands by their principles if the customer has a problem.

Happy to recommend a business that looks after the customer, my experience with the mentioned company was pretty pathetic and left me out of pocket.

This could have been easily fixed, they chose not to. Word of mouth is the best type of free advertising, business 101 J led.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I asked for a partial refund for their s$it module that didn't work. Was more than happy to pay for the wheel and wiring which were genuine Holden. They then said things in messenger that I won't repeat here, not a reputable company and even more average bloke that I communicated with alleged to be the owner. No address on the net and no Australian ABN number, this is a work in progress legally.

Well they cant do anything about your negative review of their services.
If they are trading without a abn that would be a whole world of hurt for them but it looks like this might be them

You are free to say what you like about the business but make sure you keep the people out of any comments ;)

EDIT: i should mention they are also bound by australian consumer law so you have rights under that.

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Holden kit is a new wheel with paddles and wiring and would need to be programmed into the car, dont think it cane be done in the Calais and only done in Series 2 cars

It can’t be done even on VF2 Calais. Tried installing the Holden Genuine Sport Steering kit on my MY16 Calais V V6. But the stealership techs were unable to “activate” it in the BCM and they ended up giving me a full refund.

Last edited: