Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I own J-LED Customs.
Firstly I would like to say my VF kit works perfectly in all the cars it has been fitted to bar one (and there have been many). And the guy that’s the bar one is the guy lying through his teeth here. And I’m extremely happy to provide evidence of this to anyone who want it.
Thorby you need to stop lying and putting my company down.
I never threatened anything. All I ever did was try to help you. All you did was gripe about money.
So…
The J-LED VF paddle shifters kit is an extremely good kit. It has features not available on any of the others. There are many good reviews on my Facebook page. And only one guy who packed the shits grovelled for money back when he couldn’t follow simple instructions. And used a maverick mechanic who didn’t bother to follow simple instructions like ‘disconnect the battery’, ‘make sure the three horn bolts are all the way right’ If you want to Blame someone blame your mechanic. He probably did something when he cut live wires…
Again happy to prove my kit and company to anyone who disagrees with what I am saying as I have proof of Thorby’s lies. Even Consumer Affairs sided with me after he went to them.
But from memory the kit did not work on his specific car and you tried troubleshooting. He was not interested in that, he just wanted the money back as the kit did not work on his car. I understand his position. It was not plug and play for him.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
If you buy an ice cream and take one lick and it falls on the floor, can you ask for a refund?

I’m not continuing on with this. I have defended myself and my company. I pride myself on my craftsmanship and my product. I have hundreds of happy customers.

but I cannot be held responsible if someone does not follow instructions nor accept any help. I did my best to resolve this issue and the guy packed the shits and all he wanted was something for nothing and money.

But from memory the kit did not work on his specific car and you tried troubleshooting. He was not interested in that, he just wanted the money back as the kit did not work on his car. I understand his position. It was not plug and play for him.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
If you buy an ice cream and take one lick and it falls on the floor, can you ask for a refund?

I’m not continuing on with this. I have defended myself and my company. I pride myself on my craftsmanship and my product. I have hundreds of happy customers.

but I cannot be held responsible if someone does not follow instructions nor accept any help. I did my best to resolve this issue and the guy packed the shits and all he wanted was something for nothing and money.
That is the weirdest and non applicable analogy but I dont want to engage in this :) I ll leave it there...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
ok let’s air out the laundry…

Consumer affairs said to me that I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device where clear instructions were not followed.

Craig supplied them with our message chat. They saw our messages. They said to me that I was in the right.

Moral of the story - follow instructions, accept support when it’s given, and don’t just gripe about money.

that is total bullshit about "consumer affairs" mate and they never told you that.
if you are a registered business and you sell a product that is "not fit for purpose" you have to give him a refund.

it does not matter if it is self installed or not the same thing goes for many auto stores around australia.
that would be the same as bunnings refusing refunds because the majority of their products are aimed towards the diy market and yet they still have to give refunds.

the simple fact is you value the dollar more than the customer satisfaction, you should have given him a refund but according to him you made threats and if he was more clicked onto acl he would wipe the floor with you at a tribunal but one day you will find a customer that will know what to do and you will learn ;)

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

if you sell a "chocolate" ice cream and it tastes like ground up dog turds with milk added, the consumer can ask for a refund or a replacement ;)

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
that is total bullshit about "consumer affairs" mate and they never told you that.
if you are a registered business and you sell a product that is "not fit for purpose" you have to give him a refund.

it does not matter if it is self installed or not the same thing goes for many auto stores around australia.
that would be the same as bunnings refusing refunds because the majority of their products are aimed towards the diy market and yet they still have to give refunds.

the simple fact is you value the dollar more than the customer satisfaction, you should have given him a refund but according to him you made threats and if he was more clicked onto acl he would wipe the floor with you at a tribunal but one day you will find a customer that will know what to do and you will learn ;)

Your completely wrong bro. It’s him that’s all about the money. He griped about the price before he purchased. And what I said happened. You can believe it or not.

P.S my sister is a lawyer. And I’ve spoken to her re this and I am within my rights.
You haven’t seen the messages so going by what one guy says over another is a very uninformed way to go about things.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Your completely wrong bro. It’s him that’s all about the money. He griped about the price before he purchased.

like you said "bro" you have sold hundreds of them and when 1 customer asked for a refund you refused it.

you sold a product and the customer was not happy with the quality, the fit or the function so the smart thing would have been to have him send it back and refund him as long as he did not damage it but you wanted the money and did not offer that.
you decided to make up a story that he was not entitled to a refund because it is "self installed" and then you say " I pride myself on my craftsmanship and my product ".

i could just imagine your warranty claim rejection story about how because it is "self installed" you do not have to offer a warranty.

you should also "pride yourself on your customer service" "bro" ;)

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
I have sold over 100 VE paddle kits.
I’ve had one car that was completely different to the rest (AU made G8)

same story, the guy was paying a mechanic to install it.

after some short troubleshooting (which the client and mechanic we both happy to do) it was found that the BCM was completely different.

I refunded the price of the kit, postage AND the mechanic fee to the client.

at the end the client still wanted the kit and asked if in the future if he travel to Melbourne can I install a modified kit into his car.

simple.

on the other hand this guy didn’t provide photos, did not do any of the troubleshooting asked, I don’t even know if he in fact installed the kit or not. I do know however that he did not follow the instructions. And he packed the shits and told me to not message him anymore while I still continued to offer help. He then asked for a 50% refund as he had not uninstalled the paddles or wheel (therefore deeming them second hand) the cost of the kit is far greater than 50%!

As I said I stand by my product and craftsmanship and by my personal dealings with customers.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I still continued to offer help

the thing is he does not have to accept your help he can ask for a refund and not be forced into technical support.

the customer can choose a refund or replacement and you do not get to specify which one and you cannot force him into "help" over his choice of a refund and that is a "full refund".
he has to send the entire product back but he does not need to include the original packaging and you have to cover the return cost.

at the end of the day it is your business and your product and you were the one forcing him into another avenue instead of providing the refund he asked for.

like i said mate the smart thing to do would have been to refund him as long as he sent it all back.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
the thing is he does not have to accept your help he can ask for a refund and not be forced into technical support.

the customer can choose a refund or replacement and you do not get to specify which one and you cannot force him into "help" over his choice of a refund and that is a "full refund".
he has to send the entire product back but he does not need to include the original packaging and you have to cover the return cost.

at the end of the day it is your business and your product and you were the one forcing him into another avenue instead of providing the refund he asked for.

like i said mate the smart thing to do would have been to refund him as long as he sent it all back.

Ditto.

I am sure the kit works for most people. It did not for him.

He was under no obligation to do any testing or participate in troubleshooting. The product did not work as described. He was entitled to his money back.

If you recall you asked me through PM to take a photo of wiring harness/plug as i have the same car and there was an additional purple wire that generally was not present on other cars.

This means the kit was no 100% compatible with his car.

You did not know this in advance presumably, but smarter thing qould have been to refund the money.

The customer did not want to be a test mule. I would not have either.

Last edited: