Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
the thing is he does not have to accept your help he can ask for a refund and not be forced into technical support.

the customer can choose a refund or replacement and you do not get to specify which one and you cannot force him into "help" over his choice of a refund and that is a "full refund".
he has to send the entire product back but he does not need to include the original packaging and you have to cover the return cost.

at the end of the day it is your business and your product and you were the one forcing him into another avenue instead of providing the refund he asked for.

like i said mate the smart thing to do would have been to refund him as long as he sent it all back.
This is where you’re completely wrong bud.
I did not force any thing. I did not decline a refund at the start. The client was seemingly helping with Troubleshooting at the start to try get the kit to work. The client DID NOT ask for a refund at the start NOR did they remove the kit from their car preparing for a refund.

and here’s the end of it because I am not continuing on with this.

All you have said really means nothing because you don’t know the details of the situation. You have taken one guys side blindly and believed his lies.

As I said I’m happy to send out the message chain to anyone. The other guy is not.

I did not do anything wrong. And the client asked for a 50% refund while keeping the entire kit. Without providing any evidence there even was an issue. The cost of the parts is far more than that. When this was explained he packed the shits even more had a sook and told me not to message him. See my screenshoot, It doesn’t say go get fucked. It says I’m happy to still resolve this even after you’ve treated me like ****.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I did not force any thing. I did not decline a refund at the start. The client was seemingly helping with Troubleshooting at the start to try get the kit to work. The client DID NOT ask for a refund at the start NOR did they remove the kit from their car preparing for a refund.

All you have said really means nothing because you don’t know the details of the situation. You have taken one guys side blindly and believed his lies.

As I said I’m happy to send out the message chain to anyone. The other guy is not.

I did not do anything wrong. And the client asked for a 50% refund while keeping the entire kit. Without providing any evidence there even was an issue. The cost of the parts is far more than that. When this was explained he packed the shits even more had a sook and told me not to message him. See my screenshoot, It doesn’t say go get fucked. It says I’m happy to still resolve this even after you’ve treated me like ****.

and that is your word vs his but your first message to me on this forum seems to contradict your "i am a nice guy" claim...

Consumer affairs said to me that I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device where clear instructions were not followed.

Craig supplied them with our message chat. They saw our messages. They said to me that I was in the right.

Moral of the story - follow instructions, accept support when it’s given, and don’t just gripe about money.

you first made a misleading claim about a "warranty" but you stuffed up because it was in the context of a return/refund issue not a warranty issue.
you then said "follow instructions, accept support" indicating he had to "accept" your support over a refund.

as for the refund terms if he wanted to keep the kit and receive a partial refund he is delusional and that is not how it works he must send the entire kit back and if he does not send it back he in not entitled to a refund.

the part i take issue with is the false and misleading claims about the "self installed product" and you not having to honor the consumers rights under acl

you can "end" it where ever you like mate because it is your business but potential customers should beware that you might use lines like "I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device" if they do have a warranty issue.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
and that is your word vs his but your first message to me on this forum seems to contradict your "i am a nice guy" claim...

you first made a misleading claim about a "warranty" but you stuffed up because it was in the context of a return/refund issue not a warranty issue.
you then said "follow instructions, accept support" indicating he had to "accept" your support over a refund.

as for the refund terms if he wanted to keep the kit and receive a partial refund he is delusional and that is not how it works he must send the entire kit back and if he does not send it back he in not entitled to a refund.

the part i take issue with is the false and misleading claims about the "self installed product" and you not having to honor the consumers rights under acl

you can "end" it where ever you like mate because it is your business but potential customers should beware that you might use lines like "I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device" if they do have a warranty issue.
You are skewing my words. I did not say I don’t offer a warranty. I said if simple instructions are not followed then I cannot. It was extremely clear this guy did not follow instructions nor did he listen when I tried to help with the issue of him not reading instructions and having an issue with the airbag not going back on and the horn not working. It clearly states how to fix this in the instructions.

I cover my product with a warranty. I have shown this above with another customer.

ACCC agreed with me on this and that shows old mate is lying about his side of the story. I NEVER threatened anything, I tried admirably to resolve an issue with a difficult client who only wanted something for nothing. And threatened me with action if I didn’t comply with his requested. A client who haggled over the price before purchase, who tried the poor me to get me to reduce the sale price, who only purchased the kit once it was on sale.

I’m done here. I am proud of how I handle that and this situation.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
You are skewing my words. I did not say I don’t offer a warranty. I said if simple instructions are not followed then I cannot. It was extremely clear this guy did not follow instructions nor did he listen when I tried to help with the issue of him not reading instructions and having an issue with the airbag not going back on and the horn not working. It clearly states how to fix this in the instructions.

I cover my product with a warranty. I have shown this above with another customer.

ACCC agreed with me on this and that shows old mate is lying about his side of the story. I NEVER threatened anything, I tried admirably to resolve an issue with a difficult client who only wanted something for nothing. And threatened me with action if I didn’t comply with his requested. A client who haggled over the price before purchase, who tried the poor me to get me to reduce the sale price, who only purchased the kit once it was on sale.

I’m done here. I am proud of how I handle that and this situation.

i quoted your message mate and i did not "skew" anything.
i did not say you did not "offer" a warranty i said you "might" use lines like "I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device" which is exactly what you wrote.

" I have shown this above with another customer " self written testimonials have no credibility mate.

the accc would not agree that you do not have to provide a warranty because the product was self installed.
if damage was caused to the product from the self install that is different but that was never talked about.

again you can "end it" or be "done here" for the umpteenth time because it is your business and you are proud that you can say to people because you installed it i dont have to put a warranty on the product and the accc told me i am right.

" I am proud of how I handle that and this situation." i bet you are mate :)

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
i quoted your message mate and i did not "skew" anything.
i did not say you did not "offer" a warranty i said you "might" use lines like "I cannot be expected to cover a warranty on a self installed device" which is exactly what you wrote.

" I have shown this above with another customer " self written testimonials have no credibility mate.

the accc would not agree that you do not have to provide a warranty because the product was self installed.
if damage was caused to the product from the self install that is different but that was never talked about.

again you can "end it" or be "done here" for the umpteenth time because it is your business and you are proud that you can say to people because you installed it i dont have to put a warranty on the product and the accc told me i am right.

" I am proud of how I handle that and this situation." i bet you are mate :)

I said I cannot provide a warranty on a self installed product “if” simple clear instructions are not followed. So yes you did skew my words.

kit was damaged on install due to not following simple instructions.

the ACCC did side with me due to the client NOT following instructions and that is the reason support was requested by client and offered by me. Client did not request a return at the start nor did they remove the kit.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
Your completely wrong bro. It’s him that’s all about the money. He griped about the price before he purchased. And what I said happened. You can believe it or not.

P.S my sister is a lawyer. And I’ve spoken to her re this and I am within my rights.
You haven’t seen the messages so going by what one guy says over another is a very uninformed way to go about things.
Will share the messages right here this afternoon mate, seems your happy to have people see your laundry. Better get your sister on the blower. Glad I screen shot every single word you said to me mate.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
Will share the messages right here this afternoon mate, seems your happy to have people see your laundry. Better get your sister on the blower. Glad I screen shot every single word you said to me mate.
More threats?? The picture just gets clearer and clearer mate.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon

I will share the PM tonight, in your words mate " you are not entitled to a refund as the kit is now second hand" Also tell the truth for once in your life, I asked for a refund on the module not the whole kit you tool. Anyway I screen shot everything we spoke about, you want to keep going then I will upload the conversation when 8 finish work today. You had a chance to solve this, you chose not to.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I said I cannot provide a warranty on a self installed product “if” simple clear instructions are not followed. So yes you did skew my words.

kit was damaged on install due to not following simple instructions.

the ACCC did side with me due to the client NOT following instructions and that is the reason support was requested by client and offered by me. Client did not request a return at the start nor did they remove the kit.

i quoted your exact messages and you are trying to skew them in your favor to look better because you can see they look bad.

unless you went and filed a case with the accc they did not side with anyone and you would need to have thorbys kit inspected to PROVE he damaged it so that statement right there is TOTAL horseshit and you know it.

the problem mate is when you make up lies about a process you do not understand you will always get caught out so i guess your lawyer sister forgot to fill you in about the part of needing evidence to prove the client broke the product for the accc to agree with you.

on the other hand this guy didn’t provide photos, did not do any of the troubleshooting asked

according to you thorby would not even send you a photo so how exactly did you prove he damaged the kit for the accc to side with you?