Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Wonder if his sister in law wants some work? Will certainly be pursuing this thanks lads. I take my privacy very seriously and this has now been breached buy this company.
I think Jayssvz mentioning your name is rather poor form but probably on the light end of any privacy breach as the privacy commissioner may see it. It’s not as if he provided full name, address , dob and contact numbers after all. Still, I’d be peeved...

As is, I‘d PM all those who posted or reposted your name if they could please edit and remove it from their respective posts, otherwise ask the moderator to hash out your real name from all such posts. Maybe the forum members will oblige maybe they won’t...

As to the kit, has it been sorted and now working? has it been returned for a refund? Curious the current status.

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
I think Jayssvz mentioning your name is rather poor form but probably on the light end of any privacy breach as the privacy commissioner may see it. It’s not as if he provided full name, address , dob and contact numbers after all. Still, I’d be peeved...

As is, I‘d PM all those who posted or reposted your name if they could please edit and remove it from their respective posts, otherwise ask the moderator to hash out your real name from all such posts. Maybe the forum members will oblige maybe they won’t...

As to the kit, has it been sorted and now working? has it been returned for a refund? Curious the current status.
The kit was never going to work with my variant of VF Commodore, as such module sits on a shelf in the garage doing nothing. Took the car to Holden and had it programmed for $165.00, 20 minutes later works like a charm. And yes there was NO need for him to mention my name, I gave him the courtesy of not referring to him by name and would have expected the same.....but anyway his educated choice. Could have apologised and modified his post, clearly he chose not to.

Last edited:

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
The kit was never going to work with my variant of VF Commodore, as such module sits on a shelf in the garage doing nothing. Took the car to Holden and had it programmed for $165.00, 20 minutes later works like a charm. And yes there was NO need for him to mention my name, I gave him the courtesy of not referring to him by name and would have expected the same.....but anyway his educated choice. Could have apologised and modified his post, clearly he chose not to.
The kit works perfectly in your variant and I know this because I’ve personally install the kit into one.

The truth comes out. The very reason you have tried to rip me off and demand 50% refund and threaten legal action if I don’t comply. Parts alone are worth more that that.

As I stated before. Return the kit in full for a full refund of the purchase price.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
I bought one of the kits from Jayssvz and it has worked flawlessly on my VFII Calais V. I could not be happier and the after-sales support, when I did have an issue with the installer not installing the airbag bag correctly, was great. The auto electrician that installed it, followed the instructions as provided and worked without issue.

Just relating my experience. I have found the kit excellent.

Also I tried to buy the SSV Wheel and Paddle kit just after I bought the car new from the local dealer. They tried to fir it, found the Calais did not have the right codes to support the paddle shift and they advised me they tried to have Holden provide the codes and they could not get them. So they removed the wheel and put the original Calais factory wheel back. So this kit was excellent.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
Did you do a DIY installation of the steering wheel kit?
I'd also be interested to know more about the paddle shift extensions. do you have a link for hte product listing?
Please send me a message via my Facebook page for info on paddle extensions. I don’t personally sell them. The reason is I don’t really want to make money off of them. I prefer to send you links and info on what extensions are available and their pros and cons and let you decide what ones you want, and get them far cheaper than others try and sell them for.
https://m.facebook.com/jledcustoms/

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
Also I tried to buy the SSV Wheel and Paddle kit just after I bought the car new from the local dealer. They tried to fir it, found the Calais did not have the right codes to support the paddle shift and they advised me they tried to have Holden provide the codes and they could not get them. So they removed the wheel and put the original Calais factory wheel back. So this kit was excellent.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had the exact same experience on my VF2 Calais V and the SSV redline paddle shift kit. I wonder what "code" Holden needs to provide to make it work. It's the same powertrain hardware for both the Commodore and Calais product lines.

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
Thanks for sharing your experience. I had the exact same experience on my VF2 Calais V and the SSV redline paddle shift kit. I wonder what "code" Holden needs to provide to make it work. It's the same powertrain hardware for both the Commodore and Calais product lines.
It was explained to me by the owner of Envyous Customs like this, think of the ECU as like a phone. You can install apps and then open them. The Calais ECU software doesn’t have that app. So what the company above and others do is write a different ECU model type over that has the app for paddles installed and they just turn it on.
my module runs in line and has some extra features and works on any model VF1/2 Holden and HSV.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
It was explained to me by the owner of Envyous Customs like this, think of the ECU as like a phone. You can install apps and then open them. The Calais ECU software doesn’t have that app. So what the company above and others do is write a different ECU model type over that has the app for paddles installed and they just turn it on.
my module runs in line and has some extra features and works on any model VF1/2 Holden and HSV.

So if i was to get the kit for my 2016 VF SS Black Edition, would your kit 'plug and play' ?

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V

Well I understand that part. But for the life of me, I don't understand why the dealer is unable to do it. Incompetency can only explain one part of it.

The GM/ Holden parts system lists the SSV Redline Sports Steering as an official accessory for the VF2 Calais V. Wouldn't that be accompanied with a How-To?