Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-LED Custom Paddle shift kit

Jayssvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VEii SSV Z
Any soldering or tricky wiring required ?
No soldering. Module plugs in at the shifter with connectors. Paddle wire run up to clock spring with oem header to push into spare clock spring wire hole. Swap buttons and trim over (no screws just trim tool to pry them off old wheel) and over to the next. Horn pad moved over then new wheel on.

It’s pretty simple. If you can remove trims, plug in a connector and follow detailed instructions then you can install this kit.
Tools needed are a trim tool, 10mm socket, T50 T30 torx bit, screw driver and a breaker bar. We recommend locktite on bolts as well.

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Any soldering or tricky wiring required ?
The only thing i stuffed up ( trying not to appear too dumb ) was putting the wheel back on the spline center , it was 1 groove off to one side but i forgot to unplug the wiring spool/ribbon before pulling it off again and unwound the ribbon DOH! I managed to recoil it , i think :rolleyes:
EDIT : From memory , it was a while ago , the spline has a key way so you cant put it on wrong , but i think i managed to :(

Thorby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Black Edition Wagon
The kit works perfectly in your variant and I know this because I’ve personally install the kit into one.

The truth comes out. The very reason you have tried to rip me off and demand 50% refund and threaten legal action if I don’t comply. Parts alone are worth more that that.

As I stated before. Return the kit in full for a full refund of the purchase price.
You are one very nasty individual, I was going to call you a human being but thought better of it.

Carl J Low

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi,
Has anyone tried, fitted, a J-LED CUSTOMS paddle shift kit? Only $700 plus delivery, direct from J-LED. Seem good value compared to JHP and with more features. Plug and play, new flat bottomed white stitched wheel, module, wiring and fitting instructions. Plus phone advice. I would be interested in comments and experience of this product. Staff are helpful.

Hey there mate, i have absolutely no idea what this thorby fella is on about..
i have bought and installed the Paddle shift kit from JLed Customs and i had a great experience, he sent a quality product with genuine GM parts, and when it came to the install i had him on messenger giving me support as i needed it throughout the install, he was awesome to deal with and very helpful.. the kit works amazingly and im very happy with it.. i have a feeling that this thorby fella is not telling the full story...

Hi,
Has anyone tried, fitted, a J-LED CUSTOMS paddle shift kit? Only $700 plus delivery, direct from J-LED. Seem good value compared to JHP and with more features. Plug and play, new flat bottomed white stitched wheel, module, wiring and fitting instructions. Plus phone advice. I would be interested in comments and experience of this product. Staff are helpful.
Hi,
Hi,