Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

J-pipes or redback?

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Thinking of changing out the rear mufflers on my sv6. I was thinking either J-pipes or redback mufflers.

What do you guys think, I haven't really heard much of the redback mufflers in YouTube, but I've heard good reviews. And the J-pipes sound pretty good, IMO

Thanks

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've never heard of J-pipes, but Redback mufflers have been around for 20 years or more.

I have them fitted to my VC and enjoy the sound....Got them fitted to another brand of car and love the sound of that too..

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
I’d probably go with the sports mufflers as the j pipes will be over the top loud. You don’t want the LAW any where near you.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
J-pipes are just replacing the rear muffler with a straight pipe in the shape of a "J".

Thanks for the explanation.....That being the case, Redback muffler is my choice of change

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
Don't go with J-pipes, sounds like **** on the alloytec.

I went redback mufflers first and it sounded okay just looked like ****. Ended up going with a Manta 2 1/2 "quiet" catback and it was great. Videos don't do it justice but was great in person. Checkout the alloytec exhaust thread, good stuff there just be willing to go through a lot of stuff.