Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jacking Point on a VT Berlina.

mixtape

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT berlina
G'Day
Just wondering where the best point is to jack up my VT.
I don't wanna do any damage so thought it best to ask.
Cheers.

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Was thinking the other day that is hould do a how-to on this topic. It's a great place to start for people wanting to start doing some DIY on their cars but are a bit tentative to start.
I know i sure was when i first started.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/...up-comojaj.jpg

I had to use a trolley jack under my VX SS today, that link above is a bit vague in its discription, the location shown for the front appears to be 2 squarish metal panels behind the front wheels that sort of connect the outersill to the chassis they don't look overly strong, looks like that is where they put the hoist pads when in for a service as mine appear to be pushed upwards towards the floor a tad. I went further under with the trolley jack and jacked off the frame. The rear there was a solid looking subframe sort of thing in front of the rear wheel, sort of looks like what they are referring to in the diagram above.
Anyone got any actual pics of a car on a hoist showing where they put the hoist pads?