Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jacks Voodoo VE SV6 Ute (picture heavy)

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Name
Jack

Model
SV6 Ute

Colour
Voodoo Blue

Year

Transmission
6 Speed Manual

Engine Mods
nil

Interior
Factory leather interior

Current Mods and Things Done
TSS Bagged Front & Rear with Accuair E-Level & Accuair Key-Fob
20" White Staggered Inovit Revolves
Reverse Sensors (Factory Option)
HID low & high beams (fog to come)
Genuine Holden twin hump hardlid
Debadged/plastidipped badges
Bee sting aerial
Yellow calipers
X-Force 2.5" exhaust
HSV Steering wheel
SS Sailplane
Guards well and truly massaged by Pete at Phat Guard Rolling
Interior lights all LED

Audio
Hertz ESK 165L.5 Splits
Kicker 300.4 amp
New Aerpro wiring throughout
Disconnected centre speaker
Kicker Comp RT 12" Sub
Kicker 600.1 with remote bass control

Future mods planned
Needs some serious buff love at some stage
Darker window tint
Fix hardlid central locking
E1 Maloo dash or IQ System or something.
SSV Projector lights
Reverse camera
Leather gear knob & boot
VF GTS/Maloo seats - possibly tan calais v - or custom
Front end respray
Sports pedals
Wrap roof
Venetians?

The story so far

Hey guys,

Thought i'd do something I never did with my first VE and that is make a build thread about it.
I had a 2009 SIDI ute in 6 speed manual, atomic green and for some reason sold it. Bagged, sound system, exhaust, you know how it is.

Sold it (why???) - had a 325Ci but got bored of it very quick, got rid of that, and my 2 door 77' MK1 Golf project and found myself another ve ute

Went from Warragul to Shepparton (4 Hours) and on my second trip there bought this 2010 MY10 ute in voodoo blue, 6 speed manual, factory supersports and reverse sensors, tow pack, and the dealership had put SSLs in it. Apart from that it was pretty unmolested. 79 thousand ks, seems like a genuine country/farmers ute to me.

When i first got it home after the 4 hour drive back

I work at Autobarn and am lucky enough to get lots of stuff (especially audio & maintenance) at great prices. I'll keep you posted with mods in the future and promise to make the thread very picture heavy. Exhaust and sound system will be first on the list, as well as eventually bags like the green one.

Last edited:

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Picked up the Hertz ESK165L.5s from work, with a kicker cx300.4 to run them. I'm an absolute noob at wiring and have never done anything audio/electrical to my cars in my life - but thought i'd give it a shot

I did this a week or so ago and didn't have an intention of making a build thread so unfortunately there isn't a bulk load of pictures. The first problem i had was the speakers not fitting into the factory plastic shrouds.. trimmed them up and somehow made them fit. Unreal looking speaker

Next the tweeters, they are a ton bigger than the factory ones, but the hertz mounting cups rotated the right way fit perfectly into the cavity. a drop of sikaflex on each side locked them in perfectly.

Mounted the amp and tidied up all the wiring (without cutting the carpet), soldered all the terminals and connections, tuned the amp and at about 2:30am went off for a test listen!

They sound unreal, will be even better with a drivers side tweeter (there wasn't one in the box - our Hertz rep at work is bringing me a replacement). There is a slight rattle in the drivers side door trim somewhere but dynamat should sort that problem out. Also got to mount the crossovers permanently and tidy up the wiring in the passenger side door and all will be good!

Also painted the callipers, installed a bee sting aerial and installed a switch into the liner to override the hardlid light being on when the lid is open (as i sleep in the back every now and again and the wiring loom plug is a pain in the ass to undo)

Last edited:

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Wasn't happy with the butchering of my side window seals after O'Briens put a new windscreen in for roadworthy before i picked up the car.

Was like this on both sides, and O'Briens just said they go fragile due to sun damage and they couldn't do anything about it.

For anyone else with this problem, rather than buying new side pieces which will just deteriorate again, you can run a sharp razor blade along the edge of the rubber piece and remove it. Looks just as good if not better, and doesn't remove any functionality etc.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Voodoo was a terrific colour, can't understand why they stopped it. Cost I suppose.

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Haven't posted in a while, spent a few weeks in Queensland and am now back at Uni

Got back from Queensland on a Wednesday night - the next day at 4pm i ordered an X-Force 2.5" with Hotdog centers through work. The next morning i rolled into work at 9am and it was already there! Nice surprise. Got it fitted that afternoon. Sounds decent, no drone on the highway. I preferred by old style X-force on my last ute, the old design with the centre muffler and older style rounded tips, but this one isn't bad at all.

Also got around to getting my SS Sailplane from my atomic green ute painted in Voodoo, and wired it up. I got it installed professionally last time and they wired it through the grommet into the cabin through the headlining. No chance of me fiddling with the headlining so i ran the wire down the side and tapped into the brake light wire there. Such a good little mod for SV6's i reckon it makes them look heaps nicer.

Had the day off for Labour day yesterday - so got bored and tried to find something for the ute. Couldn't find any reasonably priced cream leather Calais seats, so bought a HSV wheel for $200 bucks and put that in.

It is 100% better. SOOO sporty and chunky. Getting the airbag off the old wheel is a bit of a struggle.. especially if you're like me and forget about the telescopic tilt and reach and spend half an hour trying to do it with the wheel in its pushed in position lol :banstick:

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Goodies :king: :rice:

Will be a while before i fit them up, after at least guard rolling and i fix one of the rear wheels up (or buy a new rear)

Also i saw this somewhere (on Facebook i think) & thought it was awesome so i should share with you guys

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
I agree, price or maybe it had done its time. Not many colours apart from Sting Heron and Phantom have made it for 5 or 6 years like voodoo

A tsunami took out the factory where a lot of the ingredients for atomic green and voodoo were made. So they both got dropped. Brilliant colour though.

jackarmour

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute
Test fitted the wheels tonight as my internal drive wheel nuts arrived. Still need to get the guards rolled by Pete at Phat Guard Rolling.

fairly nice stance, decent concave and nice amount of poke too. Just gotta make sure i don't hit any potholes lol