Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' Quicksilver VX S-pack

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Went down to the central coast today, to look at a VX S2 S Pac 5Speed Manual.
View attachment 162834
View attachment 162835
View attachment 162836
He wants 2.2k for it, so I think something must be wrong.
I knew it was bad idea, Left old bar about lunch and by time got past Bulahdelah started pissing down. Thought might be better south, it only got heavier.
Got there when it was raining and dark, knew the car was not best condition, bits of interior was missing/broken, Exec front bar, no spoiler.
I was mainly sold on the fact it drove beautiful and it had the 3 months rego.
So I tell the bloke I will take and be back later in the week, he seemed quite keen and already started filling rego papers.
Almost seemed a little pissed didn't take it.
After getting home I run a check over the RTA website, only to find this
Registration Details
The registration is cancelled.
The registration expires on 15/09/2013.
There are no concessions on this registration.
CTP
The CTP policy period end date is 15/09/2013.
Insurer's name: NRMA
Insurer's code: 34

Never written off or stolen.
But due to rego being cancelled and not expired, leads me to believe he has unpaid fines.

For 2.2k it definitely seems very dodgey, a clean one of those would be around the 6-7k mark, not having a clean interior or proper front bumper would have alarm bells ringing for me, if it's body is in such poor shape it's more than likely that the engine has been thrashed to death and not serviced regularly either. Also going to see a car at night is not the best of ideas as you can miss plenty of things without the full light of day.

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
Bump

Did ya end up getting a new car mate?

James_aitchison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II S Pac 3.6L V6
Yes I have actually. Will begin a new build/ride thread soon hopefully, just been on the forum as a Reader atm.
Going through some life changes, moving to Central Coast/Hunter to start a Pre-Apprenticeship in Automotive, But will do my best to get a ride thread put up