Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' VR Statesman

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Not much, Lately have problem with Cruise Control, I'm trying check for wire but have no idea where to start and I also want take BCM out and check for wire or clear connection.

Here photo, and Please let me know which thing to check or any incorrect setup and is there relay for VR Statesman to have cruise control?

The problem is, I can't get CRS Green light to coming on by switch stalk, But Last night I leave it all night like this and until today, I turn key to on, and CRS light up itself, What could problem? Would nice to have CRS on all the time.
IMAG2775.jpg

IMAG2772.jpg

IMAG2778.jpg

IMAG2778.jpg

IMAG2771.jpg

what is thing thing hang under BCM? Just wonder what this thing is for?
IMAG2767.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Did cruise control work when the light came on?
I leave mine on at all times. Any chance that thing in the bottom pic fits into the plug looking thing in the 3rd last pic? With the fuses, top right corner

<RaBBiT>

Follow the White RaBBiT>>
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Berlina V8, VS Calais 5spd, VN V8, VR States
Hmm only thing I can think to check is the stalk itself. There piss easy to change over

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Did cruise control work when the light came on?
I leave mine on at all times. Any chance that thing in the bottom pic fits into the plug looking thing in the 3rd last pic? With the fuses, top right corner

Hey mate,
Yes Cruise control is work when CRS coming on cluster itself and it still work very well, The problem is, Sometime CRS can't turn on unless driving for while it would random come on itself. Yeah man, Last picture that for plug in, in 3rd picture plug into small black box on last pic, Just wonder what thing thing is lol.

Is your cruise control have own relay?

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hmm only thing I can think to check is the stalk itself. There piss easy to change over

Already change new stalk (3 times) So it not stalk fault. But when CRS come on itself and I can turn off and on with stalk switch. :/

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I'm not sure lol, never really looked into the electrical side of things but i would think so, sorta like the whole ABS thing
Can't you just leave it on? Mine stays on even with the car off overnight

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I'm not sure lol, never really looked into the electrical side of things but i would think so, sorta like the whole ABS thing
Can't you just leave it on? Mine stays on even with the car off overnight

I leave the CRS light cluster on until I turn off the car, Went to shop or home and return to car and turn key to on and CRS isn't there anymore...like weird. then I just didn't touch the stalk switch and driving for 15 to 20 minutes then CRS will come back on. :/

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
still no answers to your CC problem?

have you ever been driving with the cruise control on and the computer maintaining speed and had the light just go off? if it's done this does the car loose speed or keep going as it should?

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
still no answers to your CC problem?

have you ever been driving with the cruise control on and the computer maintaining speed and had the light just go off? if it's done this does the car loose speed or keep going as it should?

Still problem with it, I resetting the cruise switch and unplug and plug bcm and also cruise stalk, No help at all, CRS didn't light up anymore. Yep driving when I try press Set on stalk it won't do anything just lose speed so sound like Cruise control faults or BCM.

Refer to your question, When CRS come on itself and I able to use and it work fine and I can turn on/off no problem and but then I turn car off and back to it and start the car and CRS didn't light up at all. :/