Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' VY Acclaim Series 1 (1st Car!)

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Where did you go in bayswater mate?

ARCHM Industries, on Bayfield road. I will more than likely pick up the package next week. I've hunted around and unless I go second hand they're the cheapest I've found.

Mint, looks better then mine 100%

How hard was it getting steering wheel silver spokes on ?

Cheers! It's a piece of piss, just take off the steering wheel (good guide on here somewhere) clip the back bit off and unscrew the grey ones. Really simple job!

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Car looks good champ!

Thanks mate, hopefully it'll look better soon!

UPDATE:

So last week I picked up some Monroe shocks/struts and King Spring SL's. I'll put them in myself in a few weeks, just gotta get through uni exams first! If anybody is looking for suspension in the Eastern suburbs, ARCHM suspension on Bayfield road Bayswater were awesome. Knowledgeable and a really good price!

Went to pick up my pentagons out of storage and realised that one of them has fallen over... Scratches all over the face and a few dints :cry::cry::cry:. I took it to Eastern Wheel Works but because of the machined face on the gons they really can't fix them 100%. They've had people come back and say it looked better with the scratches. So $350 later I'm picking up a new wheel on Monday.

I'll get some pics up later.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
What paint did you use mate ? wanna do piano black now but wanna do it probably.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
It'll be the power-plus cans then $14 for the small cans and $22 for thew bigger ones. Don't go the $3 export cans, they're cheap for a reason.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
When I do my dash thats what I'll be using. Having staff discount is nice too;)

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
When I do my dash thats what I'll be using. Having staff discount is nice too;)

Yep it was the power-plus stuff. Get the big cans too, gives you more room to mess up haha!

Sorry I've been AWOL, uni exams :bomb:

Okay here's an update on the pentagon situation. I picked up the new wheel last week and could tell straight away that it was a different shade of silver. This leaves me in a bit of a pickle. Do I run with the scratched gon on the car and have the different colour one as a spare, or vice versa. I took some pictures, so you guys can be the judges.

(I'm not a photographer so if you can't tell the difference in colour, ah well.)

Giving you an idea of the scratches, it's like this on each pentagon.

New wheel:

Scratched wheel same distance:

Colour differences:

New:

Old:

So yeah this could just be me being picky, but let me know what you guys reckon.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Looks like the difference is mostly brake compound buildup. Run with whichever you choose, but I doubt it would be spotted. If you can see it tho, change it.