Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

James' VY Acclaim Series 1 (1st Car!)

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Looks like the difference is mostly brake compound buildup. Run with whichever you choose, but I doubt it would be spotted. If you can see it tho, change it.

Yeah I'm probably just being picky. I think I'll end up going with the replacement on the car, scratched as the spare.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Also I went to visit the panel beater today to sort out these guards/skirts. He suggested that I look into getting a Monaro bonnet as well, because it will need to be blended anyway. So my question is, does a Monaro bonnet on a VY with a SS kit look try-hard? I'm really in two minds about this. Let me know your thoughts guys

NaY 2.0

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Also I went to visit the panel beater today to sort out these guards/skirts. He suggested that I look into getting a Monaro bonnet as well, because it will need to be blended anyway. So my question is, does a Monaro bonnet on a VY with a SS kit look try-hard? I'm really in two minds about this. Let me know your thoughts guys

Dont do a monaro bonnet please.

Will look 10x better with just a complete SS kit.

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Monaro bonnet should only be on one car. A Monaro.

As NaY said, SS kit will suit it just fine and not be too over the top.

Danielzke

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commy
Finish off your SS kit mate, would look tops.

+ 1 for the monaro bonnet, don't get it man..... unless you want to get a chev badge at the same time :p

After seeing your dash i've started doing mine in piano black, your right, it looks mint and the photos don't show just how good it looks

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hahah thanks guys. I wasn't really sure about the monaro bonnet but after looking at a few pictures I decided it is definitely wanky. Went to wash my baby today fill up the bucket and start hosing it down and it rains. Thanks Melbourne weather, you're tip-top. It's now sunny, so that gives me an excuse to get off my ass and wash her up!

Zorba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
i would go with the replacement as spare.

you can generally get the wheel scratches fixed up pretty cheaply. i was quoted 150 to get my shadow chrome ones done on my old wrx.

James VY

I like Nirvana too.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Okay time for a bit of an update. Nothing exterior wise, but I've put some pretty new seats in and replaced the roof lining with a black one! Almost done with interior work now, I wand suede dash panels to match the door trims and maybe sometime down the line I might look at a Calais cluster. Can't really get my head around all that stuff atm.

Anyway here's some pictures!

y5y7u6yq.jpg

ygu7anep.jpg

5utu9aja.jpg

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
The leather looks good.. Where did you find the black roof liner? I want mine black too but all the roofliners I've seen are 350 plus..