Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jarrods VR S

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Thanks mate! I still like them, I was looking at a set of VE SSV rims but I chose these instead. Sometimes the ride sucks...but you get that.

Getting it out tomorrow, weather depending. Give it a good wash and start detailing it for C4C. Its still 15 days away, but I only have 3 days off between now and the day.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Been offered a VS Berlina V6 manual that has been in a rollover for pretty cheap.

Have been told the engine has 70,000 kilometres since a rebuild, and the box (T5) has been recently rebuilt and strengthened. Has a billet short shifter and a "stage 4" performance memcal.

For a start, I dont give a stuff about the memcal, I would drop a cam and chip in while the motor is out.

The only reason I am looking at it, and thinking about it, is because of the larger range of aftermarket parts available for the Ecotec, and I think the auto in the VR has seen better days. Plus I prefer to change gears myself.

Before anyone asks, me selling this car is out of the question. But for $800, most of which I can recoup by selling parts I don't need, I think I would be silly to pass it up.

Opinions?

VS FTW

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Mate id take it and do a manual conversion into the VR, that would be a great addition to the car. Then take whatever else you want from it, sell any extras and pass it onto the wreckers for some more money. Would be well worth it :beer chug:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
5litre/T5 conversion in this.

End of story.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I agree with Hama...

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Nice wheels and car mate.

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
True, if I was to put an Ecotec in it, even in manual with a few mods I would probably grow tired of it as a weekend car. Especially with the (admittedly, stock) same driveline in my daily.

So, I really just need to find a cheap 304/T5 combo, complete with everything I need for the conversion, for a reasonable price.

Anyone know of anything? For the right engine, I will look at freighting it in from the mainland.

Thanks for the comments guys!