Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jashdowns VS

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
looks nice

thanks mate.

looks nice. give the rears some time to settle, should drop a tad more. thats what im hoping with mine..put ultra low lovells in yesterday and it sits pretty much what yours is in the back, so it better drop some more or im getting something else. what springs did you put in the front?

yeah im hoping they do, but i did the rears before the front. :S haha yeah i wish commos were more level. I put ssl kingsprings all round. front went a lot lower than expected.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
does anyone know why my rear wheels dont fill my guard as much as some other vs commodores around? look below, yeah the camber is a bit out but that wont make any difference to how much is fills. can anything be done?

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 215

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
hey mate those rims really look good, and with that bumper, you could touch it up yourself without needing a new replacement.

with your tyres sitting in under your guard, is the other side of your car out more, or do they both sit the same amount inside the guard both sides?

i think an adjustable panhard rod is what youd need, apparently the lowere you get the more your car can do this. you really should seek some more solid guidence, because im going by what ive been told and even then i might have it wrong. anyway with an adjustabe pnahard rod, i think you jack your car up adjust it to the amount needed to correct your wheel alignment, then sit your car back down, and it will slide into place. i was told something similar when i was looking into lowering my car. i think these would be somewhere between 100-200 bucks and you can put them in yourself.
camber would make your wheels sit on an angle i think so i doubt it would be that.
i advise you find bettersvidence before you take my word tho.

now i got a question, you said jax wont lower your front? was that because you had standard height shocks? if you had the lowered type i dont know why they wouldnt do it for you? could you explain it because ill be going through the same process once i get my car back from the smash repairs haha.

cheers mate

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Thanks Silver..

with the bumper, the front right has a decent crack in it, which is a pain. and tonnes of rock chips, needs some work, along with the bonnet.

as for the wheels, they are in the same on both sides. Yeah the rod might fix it, i was thinking that, but ive looked at other commodores and they are no where near as bad as mine, just thought it was odd.

and with the lowering, yeah jax wouldnt do it, haha but they explained later on that because they are standard height shocks, they could bottom out and and if i hit a big enough bump, could fracture the strut mount in the engine bay, so it made sense. but me being the impatient little sh*t i am, i just did it myself one day after school. takes a few hours but it certainly beats paying people to do something you could just do yourself.
If you have shortened struts already then they will put them in, they just didnt want to be held responsible if something went wrong. which is fair enough.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
had a photoshoot of my car after doing a number of circles in an open area.

Attachments

• IMG_0359_EDIT.jpg
    IMG_0359_EDIT.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 236

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
thanks mate.

yeah im hoping they do, but i did the rears before the front. :S haha yeah i wish commos were more level. I put ssl kingsprings all round. front went a lot lower than expected.

Hey man, you say you put SSL's all round? SSL's = Ultra's in kingsprings. SL's = super lows. By the look of your's you have SL's as your car was sitting exactly the same height mine was with them in. Give it some time to settle, they do get lower. But personally, I went and put some ultras in the back of mine, sit's betting imo :).

Check out my recent photo's if you want an idea.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/89082-my-new-1996-acclaim.html

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Hey man, you say you put SSL's all round? SSL's = Ultra's in kingsprings. SL's = super lows. By the look of your's you have SL's as your car was sitting exactly the same height mine was with them in. Give it some time to settle, they do get lower. But personally, I went and put some ultras in the back of mine, sit's betting imo :).

haha yeah i ordered superlows. but the package and the spring say ssl. i was so confused. hahaha. yeah hopefully the back gets a little lower, or ill be off to get ultras for the rear. thanks for the comment mate. ill have a look at yours.

Last edited:

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
haha yeah i ordered superlows. but the package and the spring say ssl. i was so confused. hahaha. yeah hopefully the back gets a little lower, or ill be off to get ultras for the rear. thanks for the comment mate. ill have a look at yours not.

lol that makes me think of borat. anyway yeah im gonna put shorter shocks in mine, i thought the front would be a pain in the arse but you rekon it was easy might save myself and do them then, just need the mulah.

also that photo you got looks freaking sweet make your car look so good

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
haha ****, sorry, i didnt write not. hahaha. sorry. weird.

yeah you need shorter shocks, my struts are shitting themselves already, ride is really rough, and the are beggining to bottom out sometime, but it handles a lot better than before.

Yeah with the struts, i wrote a how to. its piss easy, just takes a bit of time and some tools.
its a pain in the arse because im going to have to take them out again to put in my shortened struts. so theres another 3 hours work to get that done.

how much was your exhaust? im looking at one for mine.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Looks really neat mate. Those wheels suit your car really well.