Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jashdowns VS

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
thanks man.

It has got nothing on yours though. yours is near perfect! and the colour is amazing.

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
lol i dont mind you wrote it to somoene elses post and it was obviously a mistake just sounded funny, anyway my exhaust was $243.08 at supercheap and it was easy to replace, took me 1 hours or so and used basic tools and no welding just a hand from my pop

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
haha yeah i just realised that.
what should i do next, should i get the struts and shocks and put them in, or should i just go tint.

at the moment, the suspension is fine, so i dont need shortened shocks that urgently, will eventually though.

but which one should come first.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
ok a new question then, does the F/I 304 from vn/vp/vr/vs bolt straight into the vs acclaim?

BLOW6

Reaction score
Members Ride
BSZERK-VH 355 STROKER & VT
Hey man, you say you put SSL's all round? SSL's = Ultra's in kingsprings. SL's = super lows. By the look of your's you have SL's as your car was sitting exactly the same height mine was with them in. Give it some time to settle, they do get lower. But personally, I went and put some ultras in the back of mine, sit's betting imo :).

Check out my recent photo's if you want an idea.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/89082-my-new-1996-acclaim.html
king sl's are low
king ssl's are superlows
king sssl's are ultra lows

Reflector

Reaction score
Members Ride
Acclaim VS SII
I know how you can come to that, BUT looking a THIS 2009 catalogue, you can see it depends on the year model and make as to how many S's determine the height. We're both right... except for Sl's being 'lows' ;).

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Haven't commented in here for a bit.

thought id post the couple of little mods I've done. I put in the new whiteline sway bars for front and rear, handles like it's on rails, even though my front struts are completely gone and bottoming out all the time. Should handle a bit better with shortened struts and shocks.

Also don't really want to pay $300 for my windows to get tinted professionally, so I took my mates left overs from his tint job. Did it with his help, its pretty average, few bubbles on the edges, and it looks slightly blue. On the positive side however, it does look a damned site better than no tint. Now I'm contemplating just taking it all off again and just bringing it to MasterTint and getting him to do it, would look a whole heap better and wont bubble and peel off after 4 months like my job will, haha.

Won't be doing much more as I've got my HSC in a few weeks. Might be going to the mines after I've finished school, so that will fund some mods.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
well put the kyb shortened struts and shocks in yesterday myself, jax wanted 200 and i wasnt willing.

so easy the second time.

anyway, the old struts, when i stood them vertically, the shock absorber just sunk to the bottom of the strut, which would explain why i was losing contact with the road over bumps.

new ones are so much better, suspension set up is perfect, literally on rails.

now i just need to find a good, cheap supercharger kit for the ecotec. any ideas?