Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jashdowns VS

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
live in ballina, thats near byron bay, everyone kn
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
got my father bears VS that hes had from new. done 350000km and still running perfectly.

Name: Jashdown
Model: 1995 VS Acclaim
Engine: Good old stock 3.8L. Will be the last thing i mod for this car
Exhaust: Stock, looking to upgrade when i scrape up some cash
Tranny: Stock auto. Want a shift kit stage 1 or 2
Brakes: Stock. Upgrading to VT brakes sometime in the future
Suspension: Superlow King Springs all round. 30mm front whiteline swaybar, 20mm rear whiteline swaybar.
Wheels: 18" WM Caprice wheels. Nankang NSII tyres.
Other mods: Level 3 dash conversion, CAI, 20% tint
Future mods: New seats, respray, debadge, full exhaust, supercharged or stroked, 1.9:1 Yella Terra roller rockers, tune, maybe a few new speakers, brakes, and a new front bar, thats about it.

dont like the look of my car completely standard, pretty hideous. These are my two best shots.
IMG_0344_EDITsmall.png

and this one is my favourite, doubt ill ever get a better picture.
IMG_0359_EDIT-1.png

Last edited:

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
finally put new wheels and tyres on, just needs to be lowered now to look decent.

picture shows how disgusting my front bar is aswell, really need a new one, anyone got a brand new one lying around?

Attachments

• automobile 010.jpg
    automobile 010.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 429

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
wheels look good dude. I was gonna get these but ended up going with the ss ones

thanks mate

yeah they are pretty decent, havnt seen a vs with em and they were real cheap so i got them.

SHANBANGER

Der Meister
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS S2
thanks mate

yeah they are pretty decent, havnt seen a vs with em and they were real cheap so i got them.

me either, they will suit it heaps more once you have lowered it. How much did they set you back? $680?

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
haha thats what they were for ages on ebay, then there was a special for 600 and free postage so i jumped on them, tyres were damn cheap aswell, nankang ns2 for 138each.

anyone have any idea how hard it is to install a rear camber kit yourself, or how much labour should be to have it installed.

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Well i dropped the back of my car myself, with a couple of mates there to watch and laugh. sits pretty low, its good. i wasnt real keen on doing the front so i brought it to jax to get them, and he said yeah. 5 minutes later i get a call saying they cant do it because the spring is too short and the strut will bottom out.

now i have the shits and i asked my mate whos a mechanic, and he tried to describe how to do it, so im going to try it tomorrow arvo and see how i go.

oh yeah, and why does everyone in the forums about removing struts keep mentioning the ball joint? i was told to just undo the two bolts attaching the shock to the steering knuckle, the sway bar link, the 6 bolts in the engine bay, and then unclip the brake hose and you can manouvre it out. the ball joint isnt even connected to the strut so why does everyone say you have to knock it out with a hammer?

jashdown91

Jashdown?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
well, the guys at the suspension shop wouldnt do my front springs because they wouldnt want responsibility if the struts smashed through into the engine bay, so i did them myself, and saved 110 bucks in the process.

looks pretty decent now, but the back sits a little bit high, which is disappointing, might needs ultras for it.

couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpg
    IMG_0344.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 409

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
looks nice. give the rears some time to settle, should drop a tad more. thats what im hoping with mine..put ultra low lovells in yesterday and it sits pretty much what yours is in the back, so it better drop some more or im getting something else. what springs did you put in the front?