Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jason's 89 VN Executive Commodore

Question Regarding My Spoiler - What You Guys Think

• Should Put The Spoiler On

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Should Leave The Spoiler Off

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
i think what it does is that if you take it out you get better airflow...but im not a genius mechanic or some ****. i tried to find mine but i couldnt...it was already removed or something. a some people say it does nothing to power and just makes it run hotter..other wankas say its not smart coz of it helps regulate the air/fuel mixture to all 6 cylinders...but i dont know, i havent taken mine out. so i dont really know the difference

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
i think what it does is that if you take it out you get better airflow...but im not a genius mechanic or some ****. i tried to find mine but i couldnt...it was already removed or something. a some people say it does nothing to power and just makes it run hotter..other wankas say its not smart coz of it helps regulate the air/fuel mixture to all 6 cylinders...but i dont know, i havent taken mine out. so i dont really know the difference

Yeah what it does is it evens out the supply of air to all 6 cylinders... Which smooths the idle. But it does restrict the air intake. Doesn't cause any problems removing it... removing it is the cheapest mod you can make :p

The Series 1 VN's didnt have it and had a rough idle, the bell mouth was one of the ways Holden tried to smooth the Buick 3800's idle.

jswan... Your car is a Series 1 and so it wont have a bell mouth anyway. Ordinarily its located between the plenum and the elbow and its black plastic... But yours wont have one...

Good to finally see pics of your car too mate, looks good!

VN Power! :yeah:

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'
vn2nv thx for identifiying that for me.

i was also looking into some affordable upgrades for my car, so far i was thinkin about CAI and/or K&N panel filter. you reckon this is worth it.

is it true that it makes the bonnet stick out, i see in vn2nv's car, the bonnet isnt full closed, is this caused by the CAI.

any suggestions on first upgrades i should do would be greatly appreciated.

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'
what year model and series is your, and what type of CAI did u get and where you get it from, i just want to make sure i get the right one.

Last edited:

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
That's the best one to go for mate.

Some people say it makes the bonnet sit up but you can just hit it with the hairdryer and slam the bonnet to get it to shape.

PRO AERO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN AERO
leave spoiler of it will look lower.

i personaly think the only spoilers for vn's are ss and aero spoilers.

jswan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive 89'
hmm, looks like the votes are swinging towards one direction. Putting the spoiler on. will others think differently? hmm, will this comment change the votes. who knows.

please, i would like as many people as possible to make there comments on my car, and make your vote count. dont let it get away by just saying "yeh, id vote for no spoiler, but hey, its winning so why vote". every vote counts.

so make it count, and so far to everyones comments. THANK YOU, it has been all positive so far. And thanks for letting me onto such a great forum/site.