Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jason's VT Berlina - SS Kitted - VY Sigs - Leather Interior

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
hey mate lovin the car!
are you still looking at getting new rims?
would you consider selling those ones??
These ones have grown on me and cash is very limited at the moment, but in the future would love some VY SS, VY sigs or VE GTS rims.

Last edited:

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 1998 Not my dp
Just a kwik question, did you just dip the vents in paint stripper to get them chrome?

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Just a kwik question, did you just dip the vents in paint stripper to get them chrome?
Yeh i just unscrewed them and sprayed paint stripper on them. Then just put them under water to remove the black paint. Took about 20mins to do and it looks so much better. Here are some links mate:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-2002/80261-chrome-grill-vt-how-do-cheap.html

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...e-your-vx-calais-berlina-grill-lots-pics.html

I am going to be creative and try to fit them to a VX SS bumper that i should be picking up this week, as well as the chrome trim around the middle, i have no idea how but hopefully I can manage something.

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp
cheers for that, yeah i'm thinking about getting my VT on gas. will be well worth the $500 after the rebate.

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
cheers for that, yeah i'm thinking about getting my VT on gas. will be well worth the $500 after the rebate.

Yeah mate its well worth it. I filled up a full tank yesterday for $24 and I'm getting more Km's per tank of gas than petrol so I'm happy.

Here is some pics of the boot with the gas tank, sub, amp and new boot lid carpet:

Here are some pics of the new chrome window surrounds that i just picked up for pretty cheap:

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
hey mate lovin the car!
are you still looking at getting new rims?
would you consider selling those ones??

Mate i would only swap the rims for some 18" VY SS rims. It would have to be a straight swap. Or swap for VY Sigs or VE GTS + cash

Last edited:

GILLO

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina
Big update!! Got a VX SS front bar put on today with some fresh VX headlights and foggies, the bar had some custom work done by my panel beater who did a great job, fitting the VT chrome grilles into the VX bar. Also grabbed a VY SS leather and satin chrome handbrake that I will chuck in there soon

A few pics:

Last edited: