Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jaycar Response 6.5" 2 way into VY Berlina

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
after spending a whole day with these other speakers and being disappointed i think i'll die if i install another set and am disappointed yet again!

Hi mate,

Jaycar 6.5" Kelvar (amped) with their Response 2 x 80WRMS Class AB Amplifier is the way to go for what YOU want. Those ones you mentioned are junk, go listen to them in the Jaycar shop - even with an amp connected - they are ****. IMO for just the speakers go & get some Alpine SPR-60C TYPE-R 6.5" splits. Any speaker running off the stock HU will send you into disenchantment land - (ie:- your brain saying - "why don't they sound any good?") need to amp the speakers man - then you have some JOY. IMO get the 4 channel Jaycar Response Precision 4 x 100WRMS Class AB Amplifier then you can run the splits at the front & Jaycar 6.5" kelvars which have the physically adjustable tweeters at the rear - (I run vibe 6.5" slicks at the rear to fill out the stage - they are kick-ass despite what some ####heads on this forum might think of my input) - FB/SB & you all other ####ing keyboard heroes - whoever the #### you are - YOU think I know nothing about music ? - LOL!!!! yes I have plenty mates here on the GC & far north being Cairns + loads for northern beaches NSW - deep south VIC etc etc etc - they all visited me last week for my 40th - > & yeh right - I'm an old #### by your standards) LOL -> just try me...

Anyways - Mr OP - Don't do things by halves, sound deadening will be around 300 to do the whole car - refer to my blogs for what I use - combination of dynomat type material & formshield/proshield closed cell sound heat & vibration deadener (available from Clark rubber or Century Foam - PM me for the Dyno TYPE stuff). You want clean kick ass Bass - then you will need to plan your system out properly & be prepared to put in the hard work to make it all happen. Other wise, you know what will be the result - lots of dosh - no clean result.

Cheers,

DJ Cosmic Fire

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
dafuqwasdat?!?

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
dafuqwasdat?!?

VERY simple stuff man - your reaction indicates I make no sense, or perhaps conjuring a severe confusional status for you & the local heroes on here - LOL. If you run an audio store (or whatever it is that you do) then this is just child's play - yes I left out the big SUB factor, so ####ing what - just giving OP a good indication of what I believe is good bang for buck for the question at hand. The baseline Jaycar speakers are rubbish, where as the Jaycar Kelvars are the goods & their AMPS - but for me the Kelvars are just for the parcel shelf/rear. This is elementary stuff for an expert like yourself - HEY..

Last edited by a moderator:

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Just as a side note, when fitting second hand speakers, I fitted a set recently, both tested fine on the ohm metre but one sounded rather drab so must have had some underlying voice coil problems.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Ny comment was not in regards to your opinion as I never challenge or ridicule someones opinions... but I struggle to make sense of your posts

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
hi mate,

jaycar 6.5" kelvar (amped) with their response 2 x 80wrms class ab amplifier is the way to go for what you want. Those ones you mentioned are junk, go listen to them in the jaycar shop - even with an amp connected - they are sh*t. Imo for just the speakers go & get some alpine spr-60c type-r 6.5" splits. Any speaker running off the stock hu will send you into disenchantment land - (ie:- your brain saying - "why don't they sound any good?") need to amp the speakers man - then you have some joy. Imo get the 4 channel jaycar response precision 4 x 100wrms class ab amplifier then you can run the splits at the front & jaycar 6.5" kelvars which have the physically adjustable tweeters at the rear - (i run vibe 6.5" slicks at the rear to fill out the stage - they are kick-ass despite what some f*ckheads on this forum might think of my input) - fb/sb & you all other f*ckin keyboard heroes - whoever the f*ck you are - you think i know nothing about music ? - lol!!!! yes i have plenty mates here on the gc & far north being cairns + loads for northern beaches nsw - deep south vic etc etc etc - they all visited me last week for my 40th - > & yeh right - i'm an old c**t by your standards) lol -> just try me...

anyways - mr op - don't do things by halves, sound deadening will be around 300 to do the whole car - refer to my blogs for what i use - combination of dynomat type material & formshield/proshield closed cell sound heat & vibration deadener (available from clark rubber or century foam - pm me for the dyno type stuff). You want clean kick ass bass - then you will need to plan your system out properly & be prepared to put in the hard work to make it all happen. Other wise, you know what will be the result - lots of dosh - no clean result.

cheers,

dj cosmic fire

dafuq????????

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Relax a little dude...
keep-calm-and-pass-the-spliff-7.png

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I think someone needs to ease up on the vino before making late night posts. Drunken rants are hard to understand.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Hi mate,

Jaycar 6.5" Kelvar (amped) with their Response 2 x 80WRMS Class AB Amplifier is the way to go for what YOU want. Those ones you mentioned are junk, go listen to them in the Jaycar shop - even with an amp connected - they are ****. IMO for just the speakers go & get some Alpine SPR-60C TYPE-R 6.5" splits. Any speaker running off the stock HU will send you into disenchantment land - (ie:- your brain saying - "why don't they sound any good?") need to amp the speakers man - then you have some JOY. IMO get the 4 channel Jaycar Response Precision 4 x 100WRMS Class AB Amplifier then you can run the splits at the front & Jaycar 6.5" kelvars which have the physically adjustable tweeters at the rear - (I run vibe 6.5" slicks at the rear to fill out the stage - they are kick-ass despite what some ####heads on this forum might think of my input) - FB/SB & you all other ####ing keyboard heroes - whoever the #### you are - YOU think I know nothing about music ? - LOL!!!! yes I have plenty mates here on the GC & far north being Cairns + loads for northern beaches NSW - deep south VIC etc etc etc - they all visited me last week for my 40th - > & yeh right - I'm an old #### by your standards) LOL -> just try me...

Anyways - Mr OP - Don't do things by halves, sound deadening will be around 300 to do the whole car - refer to my blogs for what I use - combination of dynomat type material & formshield/proshield closed cell sound heat & vibration deadener (available from Clark rubber or Century Foam - PM me for the Dyno TYPE stuff). You want clean kick ass Bass - then you will need to plan your system out properly & be prepared to put in the hard work to make it all happen. Other wise, you know what will be the result - lots of dosh - no clean result.

Cheers,

DJ Cosmic Fire

Says the biggest keyboard warrior on this forum. Seriously dude take a chill pill, i think all that trance has got to your head

Cheers Jonesy - a common guy who doesnt post random **** like being from the northern beaches

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I seriously don't understand what just happened, but I think he's calling you out bro