Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jaycar speakers

Famine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I have the jaycar 6.5" splits in my car connected to an infinity amp putting plenty enough power, and to be honest they dont really sound that great. Even hearing them in the shops I didnt think they sounded good, but I assumed they'd sound better when installed properly, but nope. Heard some alpine splits in a shop and they sounded very clear! If I had the choice again I'd spend that little bit extra (well, ok maybe a fair bit extra) and get some better ones.

Thats just my opinion of course, others have heard my stereo and think it sounds good, I guess I just have pretty high standards lol.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
I think the thing is that they arent awesome, but theyre really good for the price

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm after hearing that im unsure now, because i have a very tight budget and i thought i could get away with some goods splits at a good price.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
they are good splits, and id eccomend getting them on a budget. I dont think you'll be dissapointed

inasinman

inasinman
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ACCLAIM
I've got the 6" split in the front door pot and they sounded really good for a 149 bucks. 6.5" doesn't fit, too big !!!! With the 6" all you have to do is to cut the plastic cone inside which hold the speakers. To cut the cone, I used a thin blade with a pair of pliers, heated it up on the stove and apply. You don't even need to drill any holes all the screws are lined up.

All the other splits I saw was 200 + plus

response = reasonable price + fair quality

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Buddy if you couldnt fit 6" and had to mod them something was wrong, i no guys that have fitted 6.5" splits in without that much moding.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Buddy if you couldnt fit 6" and had to mod them something was wrong, i no guys that have fitted 6.5" splits in without that much moding.

I think you'll find the clearance for speakers in the doors on VR/VS to their pods is very tight for some reason. Some speakers will fit and some wont. Can't remember if its 'some 6.5" speakers will fit' or only 'some 6" speakers will fit". My JL's do not fit, and they are 6.5", but I have mounted them differently so that I do not have to modify the speaker pods.

Theres also a possibility that the response speakers have a large magnet that doesnt quite fit dept-wise into the pods. They are quite shallow and all speakers are different except for their standard mounting hole spacing.

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm ok, im looking at getting the 6.5" jaycar splits for my doors, would a car audio place be able to install these into my doors.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
A car audio place would probably just hack it to bits... usually they do. Better to offer a carton of beer for someone on JC local to you to help you with it. At least then you can supervise :D

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Hmmm thats not a bad idea except im not 18 yet lol. But my bro could buy it. If anyone is interested im located in Lugarno NSW. Its near Hurstville and bankstown. I would buy a case to anyone that is looking to help install a HU and 4 Speakers properly lol i dont want it all dodgy.